Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys, Just picked up a brand new 2016 KRT ZX-10R, Came from a 2015 R6 and before that I had a 2006 R6 but i have been riding since 2009 but took a break for about 3 years when i joined up, soooo this is my first liter bike. Deff learning how to ride all over again, cant twist the throttle the way i used to haha.

A little about me; Im a 26 year old Navy guy stationed in San Diego, been here for about 4 years, would love to meet up with some fellow ZX-10 guys here so im feel free to hit me up!

Getting ready to go to shore duty here in the next month couple months so hopefully ill get alot more time to ride!

I have been lurking on here for afew weeks and have already learned a ton, and i look forward to learning more from you guys! :grin2:

Without further ado, heres my new bike:

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
nice looking bike welcome to the form

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looking good! :welcome:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone still learning new stuff on here everyday, I figured I would post an update with everything that I've done to the bike so far. Last night I ordered a voodoo exhaust the megaphone type, just to get a little bit extra sound of the bike while I save up for for Graves system and the bauce racing flash, I got some new ASV levers (both clutch and brake). Windscreen, integrated tail light, and fender eliminator kit. Spools, frame sliders. That's it for now, just the basics for while I'm getting used to a liter bike.
This weekend I'm getting my break in service done, and I'll be having a buddy help me dial in my suspension to fit me and my riding style.
I am however having issues installing the levers, it's not as easy as my R6's were. So anyone in the San Diego area wanna lend a hand or some mentorship would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome mate and nice bike!enjoy your time here some great members and don't be shy with questions!ride safe man

Thanks bro I appreciate the welcome! Any advice on installing levers on this bike? I'm having some issues and can't find any videos on YouTube and there's not a lot of how tos on here for the gen 5

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I'm sorry not with the gen5 but shouldn't that much different to the gen4!Im using Brembo m/c rcs19 and also using Brembo clutch side as well!Ive always used the long levers as I find it's a better feel for brake and with the clutch better leverage imo than shorts!install is usually a simple swap but make sure you go with a recognised brand that suits your model!before Brembo I had Zeta that were good quality!get in touch on the forum with Mike from Riders Discount who will give you a good price,service and parts that fit!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry not with the gen5 but shouldn't that much different to the gen4!Im using Brembo m/c rcs19 and also using Brembo clutch side as well!Ive always used the long levers as I find it's a better feel for brake and with the clutch better leverage imo than shorts!install is usually a simple swap but make sure you go with a recognised brand that suits your model!before Brembo I had Zeta that were good quality!get in touch on the forum with Mike from Riders Discount who will give you a good price,service and parts that fit!

Yea bro I got some asv levers I like the adjustability but I may end up returning them and using that money to pay for the tune they were like 130 a pop. There is just some much crap to take off and do to get them installed and I'm not about to pay the stealership 100$ to install them for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts