Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

My name is Brad and I'm from Minnesnowta. I just bought a brand new, left over, 2012 last week. I'me a big bike guy and the zx10 is bike #5 at the moment. Hopefully sell a few bikes to help pay for this thing :eek:ccasion1

I plan on leaving tomorrow and riding it 'Cross Country' from MN to CA. Seems like a great bike with the miles I put on and super pumped to put it through some miles in the next few weeks.

Once I get back from my trip and can sell a bike or two I'll probably do basic mods and enjoy the bike.

The other bikes are jealous!

Also tried to start a blog for the trip if you're interested, hopefully have some cool pictures throughout the trip!
http://bdcornelius.weebly.com/

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MMmm boobs!

No pictures of the chick but have a picture of a bike in a hotel...

Bike has almost 8k miles on it already and was a blast to ride. Was on the road for 18 days with the last day being just a hair over 1k miles. The blog has more pictures of the bike with luggage on it with cool backgrounds.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Wow, just caught up on your blog... Haven't seen you on MNSBR in a while so I guess this is why haha.

I wish I would've known you were in San Fran around the 13th... I was in the area for WSBK; could've met up. Oh well. Pretty awesome trip! I think I may have to plan something similar for next year... any tips/suggestions/things you would have done differently?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A cross country bike trip would be a blast! One of these days when I get a few extra weeks off of work it's something I'd consider.
Definitely recommend taking a motorcycle trip at least once. A lot of fun and something I think I'll remember the rest of my life.

Wow, just caught up on your blog... Haven't seen you on MNSBR in a while so I guess this is why haha.

I wish I would've known you were in San Fran around the 13th... I was in the area for WSBK; could've met up. Oh well. Pretty awesome trip! I think I may have to plan something similar for next year... any tips/suggestions/things you would have done differently?
Haha yep, didn't go on forums while out on the road and mnsbr doesn't seem to load right most days at work.

That would've been cool to meet up, could've picked your brain on some mods and even check out some racing!

I was super glad I had a pair of cold weather/water proof gloves and some cold gear under armor. It got awfully cold on the coast even in the middle of July. I'd also suggest trying to stick to roads other than interstates, a lot more fun to ride for me. GPS was also something I don't think I would want to do without if you have some really good roads already picked out.

I think the only thing I'd do differently would be to plan at least a day or two extra to relax when you get back before going to work. That way you can have a bit of a buffer so if you want to stay somewhere an extra day or hit weather you can not stress out about getting back to work.

I think I'm going to have to take you up on one of your flashes! I'll send ya a pm soon:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Cool thanks for the insight... Haven't gave it too much thought yet, but I have 5 places in mind that I would like to hit.

Probably going to have to fit my bike with a 12VDC charger to keep my phone charged since it will be sending music and GPS instructions to my helmet intercom. That will eat up the battery quick along with dipping in and out of service. When it comes closer I'll probably have to pick your brain for some of the bags you used.

And regarding the flash... I may actually wind up in the cities this weekend. If not than probably next Saturday. Whichever happens, I'll give you a a heads up.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool thanks for the insight... Haven't gave it too much thought yet, but I have 5 places in mind that I would like to hit.

Probably going to have to fit my bike with a 12VDC charger to keep my phone charged since it will be sending music and GPS instructions to my helmet intercom. That will eat up the battery quick along with dipping in and out of service. When it comes closer I'll probably have to pick your brain for some of the bags you used.

And regarding the flash... I may actually wind up in the cities this weekend. If not than probably next Saturday. Whichever happens, I'll give you a a heads up.
Yea just let me know and I'll try to be as helpful as possible. I really liked my Kriega bags and seems like they'll last for years and be able to be used on almost any bike.

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems Dual USB Charger Socket: Sports & Outdoors
I bought one of those to put in the tail of my r1 but didn't seem like it'd fit too well in the zx10. Seems like what a lot of the guys on the adventure rider forum used. $10 and its yours if you want it and come down to the cities this weekend.

·
Is still Slo
1,538 Posts
I rode from CA (near Santa Monica) to Jacksonville FL on a 98 ZX7r.... Last time I ever attempt something like that again haha...

Trip took 2.5 days.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Welcome sounds like a fun trip!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts