Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to start. I'll start with my new ride.Picked up an unmolested '06 Black 10R with 3400 on the ticker. Been ridin for over 20 years, started with a high school buddy teachin me on a YZ100. Hooked since then. First bike was a 86 Honda rebel I got in 88 for $475. So never having ridin on the street, off i went. First sport bike was a 93 FZR 600. Big jump from a cruiser 250. What a rush. It just grew from there. Next ride was a 95 ZX6R painted up like the Hooters team bikes. Traded that in for a waverunner, much fun with it , but loved ridin more, won't get another, until i win the redneck retirement my state runs. Also have had a YSR50 and a KX125 that i was going to morph together, but didn't happen. Years later I picked up A 00 RC51. What a ride. Freakin awesome but different. The way I compare the inlines to a twin is would be the same as a turbo car and a supercharged car is.
Had the Rc for four years and learned how to really ride. Drag knee ridin! Not into straight lining anymore. I have done numerous track days in the last two years with my last one ending at Road America last July. Which is where I high sided coming out of the chicane at the top of second gear. Roughly a 100, as witnesses say. Totaled the RC and broke my right leg, for the third time. Yes, the third time. So with the removal of old plates and screws from my second break, I have had added a bigger, longer plate with more screws and a thing called a 'strut'. Which is a bone from a donor zipped tied to mine, which in time is supposed to fuse itself. And now i gots to have a lifted shoe, (insert jokes here:lol:). So the first break was on that YZ I learned on, wheelied into a retention pond and bounced of a sewer top. Second time was in a jeep where we took out two trees and a light post five blocks from my parents home. Actually I took out those trees and light post, with my leg.
I've gotten to take out Betty once Since I got her and 'OH YEAH'. Damn Illinois winters! Now I can't lie and say I wasn't nervous.
Any way had plans on racin the RC this year in the twins class with CCS, but has now changed. Maybe a few track days here and there this summer and we'll see. Hope to learn what i can about this bike from y'all.
Damn; life story over.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome::hello::eek:ccasion1

·
Registered