Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an 06 zx-10r a little over a month ago. Been a while since I've been on 2 wheels on the asphalt (bikes in chrono order since I was 5: Honda trail 70, 89 xr100, 96 xr400 dualed, 98 CBR900RR, 83 H-D FXWG Shovel, 91 FZR 600 "streetfighter", 99 XR400 dirt only, and now this. Stoked about the bike, got it for 4k w/6500miles, now has a little over 8k. Has some extras like Power Commander, ss brake lines, and Sato sliders...nothing too fancy. Plan on doing some track days at Thunderhill with a co-worker with a Repsol CBR 1000 to really open it up and experience it in it's home environment. Also am a mechanical engineer by trade that works in a machine shop and plan on doing some custom brackets, already made some rear foot peg sliders. Wanting to do the sprocket and 1/5 mods soon, along with some rubber that grabs a little better, thinking the Dunlop Q2's. Down the road I might turn it naked and do some streetfighter stuff to it, being careful to retain the ability to turn it back to stock if I don't like it. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and look forward to learning much. Here are some pics of the new girl in my life :) ...

Here are the sliders I made...

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,399 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm new too, welcome!

Based on your name if you are where I think you are, man I am envious! Some great roads to ride that bike on! I used to live up that way and love riding up there in the summer. Good luck and have fun on the new toy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, lots of fun roads in this area, lots of nice day rides through some twisty mountain areas...unfortunately lot of animals on the roads too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts