Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. new guy here looking to get back into a sport bike, Ive always wanted a zx10 so figured its time!

Anyways a little about me, ive been on 2 wheels for a very long time haha, before motorcycles I was on dirt bikes. Im only 28 but have owned a few bikes and vehicles (31 vehicles and 5 street legal motorcycles, 3 dirtbikes and 5 4 wheelers) you can say I like to buy sell trade!

Just case I like to share some memory's heres a few pics in order of how ive owned them.

Hell I forgot what year this bike was? I wanna say it was a 03, this was 10 years ago though lol.

Anyways I then upgrades to a bigger bike, Sorry for the bad pic, 00 12 with a muzzy big bore.

Laid it down and changed to blue, I dont have a pic of the finished product.

Sold that and went a year without a bike and then bought a 02 KTM 520 EXC and converted it to road legal

sold that then I wanted to slow down my life a little and get a cruiser so I bought this 05 HD sportster

Well that got boring fast so I wanted more power from my cruiser... so I bought this 06 HD street bob and added everything short of building the internals.

... Well Now I just sold this yesterday and already looking for some speed in my life! IN my area it seems people want the same price for their 10's as decent mileage 14's... I have yet to actually ride a 10 (have ridden a 14 and sat on a few 10's)

My budget is 6-7k, I really dont know what GEN to get? I really like the look of the gen 1 but should I go that far back? Any opinions? id really like to stay in buying a decent mileage bike.

Is there any informative threads I need to read on the Generation debate?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
82 Posts
My budget is 6-7k, I really dont know what GEN to get? I really like the look of the gen 1 but should I go that far back? Any opinions? id really like to stay in buying a decent mileage bike.
Wait until the Gen 5 comes out and you'll be able to grab up a Gen 4 for that, and there will be plenty of cheap parts floating around :grin2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts