Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm a proud new owner of a 2010 ZX10R w/ 1702 miles. Picked her up for $1,900. Why so cheap? One word. Squids. So squidly it's practically the definition of squid.

So how the story goes, a guy buys a brand new 2010 ZX10 off the show room floor. Has the dealer throw in an exhaust with financing. Rides it when the fair weather comes through in Oklahoma. After about what I'm guessing of 4-6 months of riding, a "friend" hotwires it and takes it for a joy ride. While in a wheelie session with this baby, a car pulls down the same street. The "friend" freaks out and sets it down and grabs the front brake like a virgin guy grabbing his first pair of tits. This is the result.

After non-payments and a repo order the bike sat...and sat...for almost a year. Then a little birdie told me this story and I decided that the bike deserved better. So this is pretty much why I'm here. I can't wait to break her in and treat her right. Long and hard. :mrgreen:

My first bike was a yamahammer seca II, then my current bike. Another mistreated 2004 636. (Trashed cylinder head and fairings) Riding is my passion and it's pretty much my thing. Happy to be here and if you've got parts for a gen 3. LMK. Thanks for reading! :hello:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
hi

·
Registered
349 Posts
Man, that's a shame but glad to see you're giving her a fresh chance (and got a killer deal) ... good luck w/the (re)build!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, that's a shame but glad to see you're giving her a fresh chance (and got a killer deal) ... good luck w/the (re)build!
Thanks for the warm welcome. I've got more or less all the parts I need in transit. Hopefully I can at least get it running by the weekend. I can't wait to hear her start and run for the first time.:eek:ccasion1

A special thanks to Hernando and 880turbo for the parts. You guys are absolutely fantastic. :eek:ccasion1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts