Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Right on. It looks like you've got a busy season ahead of you. Post new pictures with your build progress. I wouldn't mind seeing the 600 as well.

Reactions: peterj59

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
221 Posts
Love it - the only way to get a solid green ZX-10 now

Only 2 piston rings though, right? I would be a little worried about oil consumption, which has been a problem for some M1000RRs

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
221 Posts

This increased rev limit is made possible thanks to the titanium connecting rods that are paired with lightweight pistons, both manufactured by Pankl. With each connecting rod being 102 grams lighter than its single-R counterpart, the double-R crankshaft’s moment of inertia is reduced by 5%. From the saddle, this should result in a more lively, freer-revving engine. Further, compared to the 10R, the RR pistons use one less piston ring, allowing for a 33.7mm shorter piston height, resulting in less mechanical loss due to friction.

Since the ZX-10RR is designed for the track and high rpm, it does away with the dual-height intake funnels used on the ZX-10R. Where the 10R stacks are 10-30-30-10mm, respectively, for better mid-range performance, the RR’s funnels have an effective height of 5mm across the board to maximize top-end power.

Also, maximizing power is a more aggressive camshaft specific to the RR. Kawasaki says it’s designed for more top-end power, so we can only assume this means it has greater valve lift compared to the R model. This hypothesis is supported by the fact the RR uses machined valve spring retainers due to their greater precision during the manufacturing process – something you want when you’re looking for reliable high-rpm running.

On the suspension side, the ZX-10RR uses the same Showa Balance Free Fork and shock as the standard R model, the only difference is adjusted base settings of the clickers to accommodate the other big change – lightweight forged aluminum seven-spoke wheels from Marchesini. They’re wrapped in Pirelli Supercorsa SP tires instead of the Bridgestone RS10 rubber on the standard R

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
As a Kawasaki fan, I find it embarrassing that they felt it worth reporting that they'd "updated" the suspension on the RR by turning some adjustment screws. :rolleyes:

Swatts, please post up some final build photos after you all your custom touches to the bikes.

·
Registered
2005 ZX-10R
221 Posts
For the street the extra 500-800 rpm at the very top is basically a waste (although it gets there a bit quicker). The bigger issue is two piston rings, possible oil consumption unless you break it in right (hard). Also the question is how long it will hold compression (i.e. these engines aren't designed to go 75k+ miles before a rebuild, they are essentially race motors)

if you love the solid green color (I do) just get some aftermarket bodywork for $800

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah I agree they are a specialty bike and I think part of the cost has to be the limited production set at 500 units per year (last time I heard)

I do like the all green body work but I think adding a few graphics to it could make it even better looking

·
Registered
106 Posts
Any flashing of the ecu voids the warranty

it’s the only way to remove the heavy restrictions on the gen 6
The newer ninjas have quite a potent motor that keeps making power high up in the revs 13,000+

I just went through a top quality shop to have the ecu work performed

bike has been unrestricted flashed and dyno tuned by Moore mafia

as far as raising the rpm limiter two different race shops Bren Tune and Moore Mafia both raised limiters and have experienced zero issues
The flash also turns on radiator fans on at 195 degrees and removes top speed limiter. I also had the quickshifter times improved with the ecu flash much much better shifts like a f1 car

1 - 20 of 23 Posts