Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Just wanted to thank you all, I poured over this forum many times before finally making the move on a silver 2005 ZX10r!

Thought Id join in the fun now that I have the beast in the garage!

Current Status: PC3, Yoshi Slipon, Frame Sliders, Scotts Steering Stabilizer, Sato Rear Sets GP Shift Setup, -1,+2 Vortex Sprockets.

Any suggestions for her are welcome!

Stoked:grin2:

Will

Attachments

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hello!

Just wanted to thank you all, I poured over this forum many times before finally making the move on a silver 2005 ZX10r!

Thought Id join in the fun now that I have the beast in the garage!

Current Status: PC3, Yoshi Slipon, Frame Sliders, Scotts Steering Stabilizer, Sato Rear Sets GP Shift Setup, -1,+2 Vortex Sprockets.

Any suggestions for her are welcome!

Stoked:grin2:

Will
Nope...No suggestions your ALL SET other than just Respect Her she will bump you off when you get out of hand other wise she's a BLAST!!! :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
...and :welcome: :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Welcome nice ride. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the brakes their kind of crappy. Caliper's off and 08 or later ZX6 or 14 are a direct bolt on and work much better. Enjoy the new ride. Oh and a Brembo radial master off an 07 or later R1 will complete the package for killer brakes.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Welcome to this site, and That ZX-10R... I'd suggest (for street use) Spiegler street fighter handlebar kit.
And riding solo, ZX6 rear shock linkage... And, 180/55 rear tire, vs 190/50, for the twisties, if your still running stock size.

Most awesome bike, and so well set-up, from the get-go... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome nice ride. My only suggestion would be to upgrade the brakes their kind of crappy. Caliper's off and 08 or later ZX6 or 14 are a direct bolt on and work much better. Enjoy the new ride. Oh and a Brembo radial master off an 07 or later R1 will complete the package for killer brakes.
Thanks! I already have gotten that squishy feel on the front and will be working on getting a new set up. Big power deserves some better brakes:headshake:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to this site, and That ZX-10R... I'd suggest (for street use) Spiegler street fighter handlebar kit.
And riding solo, ZX6 rear shock linkage... And, 180/55 rear tire, vs 190/50, for the twisties, if your still running stock size.

Most awesome bike, and so well set-up, from the get-go... :thumbsup:
Thanks! Tires are still stock size but when I wear these out I will look into the alternatives. Not sure why the previous owner thought to put no- name cheap tires on a ZX-10R after dropping big money on the other goodies...but they won't be on there for long:wink2:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
For street/back road blasting, I've grown to love the Metzeler Interact tires. They use One compound across the profile.

They make the center area more wear resistant by tension in the cords.

·
Registered
581 Posts

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
:welcome: WillK!!

Gorgeous Gen1 you have there, the one suggestion I could say for sure are better brakes, and ride the Fo' Shizzle out of her!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For street/back road blasting, I've grown to love the Metzeler Interact tires. They use One compound across the profile.

They make the center area more wear resistant by tension in the cords.
Ahh I like the sound of that. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From my experience they are extremely easy to install. I have never installed one on a zx10r 2nd gen though.

Here is a video of a guy installing one on a 2005 zx10r.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epGco9xWLpo

Many different products you can use, hope this helps!
Oh Perfect! That is exactly what i was looking for. Im ready for my speedo to not be 25% off :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I sure am happy with the one compound... Problem with mult- compound, was wear rates are different in them, And that makes different wear patterns at the junction line. That makes weird feel, in corners, just when you want to be feeling secure. :smile2:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts