Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a set of Galfer rotors coming in and my question is can I use the pads I currently have on the bike. I did a search and didn't really come up with much that helped me. I'd change out the pads as I've heard you're supposed to with new rotors, but I've got a set of Vesrah RJL that have maybe 1000 miles on them.

Anyone care to comment on reusing the old pads? I've heard you can smooth them out with maybe 300 grig sand paper then use them?

Thanks.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts
I would just as you said,rough up old pads and go..

Im lookin for a combo deal on some brembo calipers and rotors...Anyone know what stock gen 3 rotors are made of??

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
sanding the pads down a bit will work just fine........IF you were a dedicated track rat then it might be a different story but for street use and some track days, there should be no issues at all in re-using the old pads. you'd get the full benefit and brake feel though when you do install the new pads....then you might want to run over the outer face of the rotors with some 1200-1500 grit wet/dry to knock off any glazing the old pads may have left.

·
Registered
23 Posts
sanding the pads down a bit will work just fine........if you were a dedicated track rat then it might be a different story but for street use and some track days, there should be no issues at all in re-using the old pads. You'd get the full benefit and brake feel though when you do install the new pads....then you might want to run over the outer face of the rotors with some 1200-1500 grit wet/dry to knock off any glazing the old pads may have left.
:+1:

·
Newfie Bullet
2,341 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts