Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahoy!

Just picked up my first Kaw yesterday and have been digging around on the forum for some info. I snagged a gen 3 zx10 for a pretty solid deal. I've had several suzuki's and yamaha's before but this is my first kawasaki. Looking forward to learning a bit about the bike from the folks here. I'm also in the market for some parts, but will be scouting the classifieds until my post count and registration is complete.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
Welcome to the party!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good to know. my first objective is to repair it cosmetically. i believe it's already -1 up front and i'm going to be looking at the 1/5 throttle upgrade.

·
Registered
581 Posts
good to know. my first objective is to repair it cosmetically. i believe it's already -1 up front and i'm going to be looking at the 1/5 throttle upgrade.

You should definitely do the 1/5 throttle upgrade, most bang for your buck by far then any other upgrade IMHO. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should definitely do the 1/5 throttle upgrade, most bang for your buck by far then any other upgrade IMHO. :eek:ccasion1
sounds like a plan. i found the how to's on the forum, but is there a specific place tom buy the adapter? do i just need to pm rifleman?

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
where in tennessee are ya? i'm very very jealous, as theres just sooooooooooooo many roads to ride around there

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Tn has some aight roads ;-)
for the record i think the dragon is terrible, and there are many better roads within 30 miles of it. no trolling either. now, get away from that area and there are thousands of miles of awesome in that state to go ride

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
for the record i think the dragon is terrible, and there are many better roads within 30 miles of it. no trolling either. now, get away from that area and there are thousands of miles of awesome in that state to go ride

We can agree to disagree then :eek:ccasion1 There are some really great roads all around, but the dragon is the dragon for a reason. People generally dont like it because its packed full of people and police most of the time. I can certainly get and respect that.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Yep, TN Has decent roads lol...
what part of town are you in?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm in smyrna as of the start of the year. hoping to get my bike painted and back together in the next 2-3 weeks. by then i'd like to think that TDOT has fixed the potholes.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
We can agree to disagree then :eek:ccasion1 There are some really great roads all around, but the dragon is the dragon for a reason. People generally dont like it because its packed full of people and police most of the time. I can certainly get and respect that.
35-55mph blind tight corners on a track is fun. on a public road? nah. i had much more fun on cherahola doing the very fast sweepers through the clouds with a lotta open visibility

Reactions: Teeks

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
i'm in smyrna as of the start of the year. hoping to get my bike painted and back together in the next 2-3 weeks. by then i'd like to think that TDOT has fixed the potholes.
so you go about an hour or two in either direction to go but still, worth it, dude, the maps i've routed and run around those few states, i could spend months out there

Reactions: Teeks

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm hoping to hit the skyway this summer. all my other bikes have been stretched so i avoided the dragon and such. this one is going to stay stock so once i'm comfortable on it, i might need those maps.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
35-55mph blind tight corners on a track is fun. on a public road? nah. i had much more fun on cherahola doing the very fast sweepers through the clouds with a lotta open visibility

I love Cherahola as well, but I am much more likely to get a ticket doing triple digits there :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts