Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im an old fart and have had the B12's etc..Just sold my Hornet 900.Looking for something naked n mental at a price i can afford.
Did want a gixxer thou but can get my hands on an 06 zx10,1 owner,6k miles.Fairing ripped off and Renthals fitted for £2500.Wanna go for it but tbh like the look of the gixxer better but the Z is a beast.
Anyone SF one??:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Im an old fart and have had the B12's etc..Just sold my Hornet 900.Looking for something naked n mental at a price i can afford.
Did want a gixxer thou but can get my hands on an 06 zx10,1 owner,6k miles.Fairing ripped off and Renthals fitted for £2500.Wanna go for it but tbh like the look of the gixxer better but the Z is a beast.
Anyone SF one??:dontknow:
I'm guilty... I made my 05" zx10r into a "naked" or "Streetfighter" a few years back. Don't have to many pictures of it with me here in Iraq but I will put up a few. U can do a search on my username or put "naked" or "streetfighter" into the search. There are a few members on here that have done it.

But like Hawk Baron said customfighters.com is all fighters eveything you can imagine and more....

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your bike looks awesome mate.Ive been looking at in in other threads.The one i can buy is the 06.I'd wanna get rid of the twin pipes.So need to find out if 05 headers will fit and bolt up.Another question for you.Did you use the z1000 fairing mounting frame or make one up.And what are they like naked.Its the think stable at 120mph kind of speeds.Thanks

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Your bike looks awesome mate.Ive been looking at in in other threads.The one i can buy is the 06.I'd wanna get rid of the twin pipes.So need to find out if 05 headers will fit and bolt up.Another question for you.Did you use the z1000 fairing mounting frame or make one up.And what are they like naked.Its the think stable at 120mph kind of speeds.Thanks
You can 04-05' headers on ebay on the forum here all day long. People just wanting to get rid of them cheap...
I did use the stock 03-06 z1000 bracket and entire headlight assembly. I made some brackets that mounted to the underside of the stock upper triple clamp and then made another one that connnected to the lower triple.
I have some issues at 140+ but as long as I stay down near the tank at those speeds it is stable enough for me to push 165+. I don't ride that fast that much so stability isn't usually an issue unless the road is crappy.
Here is one of the threads that I started when I was building it:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=56657

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,515 Posts
Welcome..... GL with the conversion

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.