Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im new here. Been lurking around for a couple weeks trying to get some info on first gen 10r's. I just sold my 2004 R6 which was my 4th Yamaha. I've had 2 R6's and 2 R1's so far, this will be my first non-Yamaha.

I am picking up a 2004 ZX10R in blue and needless to say I'm very excited. Its decently modded. So far it has an Akra slipon, Sato rearsets, CRG levers, PUIG screen, galfer lines, DID chain, GPR damper and Pirelli takeoffs.

Look forward to learning more about my bike, and I'll post pics up as soon as I pick it up tomorrow!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the warm welcomes guys. cant wait to post pics of the new ride tomorrow. only thing thats gotta change is i want to get a dark smoke Puig instead of the blue one thats on there.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:hello: Welcome! Will be looking forward to those pics! Have you ridden it yet?
:zx_green:
Nope, another thing I'm looking forward to. I've known the seller for years now, so I trust him when he says its in good shape. I've owned 2 R1's (2004 and 2005) so I'm not a stranger to 1000cc bikes, but I hear the first gen 10R is a whole different beast. I cant wait!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well here she is! I'm so happy with the bike. So far the reviews are mixed, however. The downsides I see so far, well, the mirrors suck to put it simply. I cant see a damn thing in them. Other than that, I dont like the headlights one bit. About half as strong as my R6 or R1's lights.

Otherwise this bike is a blast. The short wheelbase is familiar from my R6, but the power is waaaaay out there. As I said before I owned a 2004 and 2005 R1 and this thing beats it hands down. The R1 seemed more refined, but this 10R is insane! The brakes aren't as bad as I expected from all the reviews, but it DOES have Galfer lines already, so I'm sure that helps. Other mods are:
GPR stabilizer, Akra CF slipon, Factory solo cowl, some sort of aftermarket rear hugger/chainguard, Giles adj. rearsets, Galfer braided lines, aftermarket chain (not sure of brand, havent looked quite yet), Hotbodies undertail, Puig blue DB, factory smoked flushmounts, blue rimtape, and Bridgestone 014's.

What do you guys suggest my next mods be? I'm sure I'll start a thread specifically for this in the appropriate section though. Here is a couple pics. I'll post the whole set in the Pics section

1 - 20 of 42 Posts