Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2016 Gun Metal ZX10R...complete with Kawi Green accents.. Id really like to switch out the for caps with RED ones. Found the through parts distributors for about $200.. Came across these on Ebay..

Any thoughts? Not sure..

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
If the markings on the caps and the downtime aren't important, you might be able to save a few bucks by taking your existing green ones and having them stripped and re-anodized at a local shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The markings aren't really as important to me as the over all look of the trim. The ones in the picture above are on Ebay for $30.. Any thoughts on the ones in the pic?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Ive never been much on anodized red but it only matters if YOU like em.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Looking them up they run about 30 bucks on ebay from China. I would guess the metal will be fairly soft and the anodizing not too well. The soft metal is not a huge deal, just have to be careful when handling them. The anodizing will probably fade to pink fairly quickly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess maybe they're cheap enough. Maybe Ill get them and them in the window and see what the sun does to them. lol Any suggestions to find a better quality cap in red? Besides the ones at the 2-hundo mark?

·
Registered
707 Posts
The markings aren't really as important to me as the over all look of the trim. The ones in the picture above are on Ebay for $30.. Any thoughts on the ones in the pic?
Your initial post isn't clear. So to clarify, they're either $200 new from a distributor or $30 for knock offs on ebay? You should post the ebay link.

There's no way you can get them re-anodized for anywhere near $30 so go with ebay and like evallarta1 says, expect them to fade because they certainly will. Good anodizing is treated and sealed to preserve the color as much as possible. Cheap Chinese anodizing certainly isn't sealed as well as a factory part and any UV exposure will cause major fading.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For now I'm gathering info and parts.. It'll be all mine by May! Then I'll make how I want it. Wont be on it as much during the winter months anyways.0:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts