Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my family decided that we wanted to bring a new dog into our family. We currently have a 3 yo Vizsla and she is simply wonderful. So I jumped on our local web-sale website and couldn't find anything, then checked out petfinder and looked at other dogs, not really sure if I wanted another hunting dog or just a family dog. I did know we wanted a male, neutered, good with kids and other dogs and not a puppy.

I looked at different breeds then decided to just do a 200 mile search, first dog that came up was a 16 month old German Shorthair Pointer named Jaeger (German for "Hunter"), he is neutered, up to date on all his shots, micro-chipped AND he came with AKC registration papers I saw his picture and KNEW he was the dog. So I filled out the adoption application, spoke with the director of the shelter a few times, had my references called, vet called, kennel/doggy daycare called and then the shelter called me. We drove 2 hrs to see him, spent a little over an hour with him (took our Vizsla with) and then drove 2 hrs home with him. When I saw him I was VERY upset that he was as thin as he is, he was in a foster home and they told the shelter that he is going through a growth spurt and would fill out soon enough, I will be the judge of that.

Both the shelter director and myself feel he is too thin for that explanation and in a couple weeks if he fills out, we will know he was neglected. He does pee when he is scared or started, so can be an indication of abuse (I used to work at a shelter as an adoption counselor, so know what to look for). At first he started to eat fast and we put a tennis ball in his dish so he slowed down, he is not food aggressive and loves my kids and loves to run with London (our Vizsla).

He is already smilling and a happy little boy. I feed both dogs Iams maintenance with 0% filler and in the evening feeding I give 1 cup of green beans, white rice and venison mixed with their food (they LOVE that, I usually use at least half a deer for this, guess it will be a full deer from now on....lol)

So now for the pictures, remember.....I got him this way, he is so thin, very strong but thin...he will fatten up in a couple weeks though. I already love him, he is such a lush...love BOTH my babies, they are my kids too. SO here are the pics.....

·
Registered
590 Posts
Nice dogs man; +1 on the venison. I feed mine nothing but RAW with great results. I can add or subtract weight in no time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice dogs man; +1 on the venison. I feed mine nothing but RAW with great results. I can add or subtract weight in no time.
Never thought of feeding it to them raw....may have to try that and see how they react. I have about half a deer left in the freezer that I can cut up for them. Good thing deer season is right around the corner....lol

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
That's a pretty pup right there, put a little meat on the ol' bones and he'll be even prettier (in a boy way of course) and i we have 2 pups as well and i swear they're just like having 2 more children.....i give you Max-E-Mus *Max* and My Daisy......sorry for the slight threadjack but i don't show too many folks the pups and thought i'd share.:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA...snacks for my dogs....lol They are cute lil buggers.

Yeah, I am going to fatten him up nice and good, he may be thin now but damn can he pull......he is all muscle right now and can pull my 180 lbs around like crazy

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Lovin the pix! Can't wait to get another dog!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts