Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend that is a dynojet owner just got back from a training seminar and he called to tell me about some updates and new products dynojet is coming out with in feb. 06. They're working on software for the pcIII usb that will let the user switch between 2 different maps. Great for us nitrous users! the other is a whole new power commander that will store 100 different maps. No more laptop needed! Just program it into the power commander and run it. Doesn't feel right, switch the map via the power commander. The new unit will also be programmed from dynojet with a rev extender as is used in the dynojet ignition module.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
good stuff forsure but then us po fuggers that have the old units are fugged, well sort of.

BD

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
sounds cool, could be just something else to mess up...maybe not.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Big Daddy said:
good stuff forsure but then us po fuggers that have the old units are fugged, well sort of.

BD
A good map is a good map... regardless of the unit. Besides who knows what 'issues' the new and improved unit will have? The more complex. the more features, the more probability that something can get fugged up. Still I am glad to see the PC technology progress.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just want to be able to run an all motor map and then easily switch to a nitrous map.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Ground Zero said:
A good map is a good map... regardless of the unit.
Not so true. A bike maped in the Florida Keys will not run right in Aspen Colorado. The abilty to switch maps will be good for serious racers/track whores that go to different tracks. It also would be good for fuel stop strategies in endurance racing. You can alter your fuel comsumption on the fly. Depending on who you are, it sounds like a nice piece of kit.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
thats awsome i want a mr9 map and a gas go find chicks map.

·
Registered
158 Posts
SP8 said:
Not so true. A bike maped in the Florida Keys will not run right in Aspen Colorado. QUOTE]

True, although the only real effects would be that of the VE of the system from the intake presure to the exhaust outlet presure.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Cool. The only reason I have held off on the nitrous is because my pc only holds one map... Now if the maps could be switched automatically via activation of the nos seloniod.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Ya know what this is going to be used for, up here in Canada, where we have horsepower-and-weight-based racing classes?

Map 1 is the "race" map. Map 2 is the "pass the horsepower test" map. Switch on the cool-down lap.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
speedfreak said:
Cool. The only reason I have held off on the nitrous is because my pc only holds one map... Now if the maps could be switched automatically via activation of the nos seloniod.
Talked to powercommander on thurs. and they told me it will be new software for the pcIII usb and it will hold 2 maps. If you're using nitrous then when you hit the unit it will automatically switch to the nitrous map and back when not on the button.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Talked to powercommander on thurs. and they told me it will be new software for the pcIII usb and it will hold 2 maps. If you're using nitrous then when you hit the unit it will automatically switch to the nitrous map and back when not on the button.

Sweet! Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, Nitrous, MUSHROOM, MUSHROOM!

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's my nitrous button.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts