Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I came home today to find my new driven -1 +2 sprocket set on my porch. I'm very excited so I'm gonna tear right into her. I'm just curious if anyone has any last minute tips

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hey guys, I came home today to find my new driven -1 +2 sprocket set on my porch. I'm very excited so I'm gonna tear right into her. I'm just curious if anyone has any last minute tips
Nope I'm sure you will like it. I went -1 +2 on my 954 and would lift constantly in first gear if I was accelerating pretty good with a smooth throttle. Then If I was riding at a good pace it would sometimes lift in second and third. Did you get a new chain at the same time?

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
You's gonna need a big ass cheater bar on that front sprocket. Don't forget to leave it in nuetral with a board through the wheel resting on the swingarm. Tranny dmge sucks, and have an extra hand, putting that much torque on that nut tends to make the bike tip, don't wanna drop it!!

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
You's gonna need a big ass cheater bar on that front sprocket. Don't forget to leave it in nuetral with a board through the wheel resting on the swingarm. Tranny dmge sucks, and have an extra hand, putting that much torque on that nut tends to make the bike tip, don't wanna drop it!!
+1.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
:+1: Or an impact driver.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Thats one of the BEST pieces of advice one can give to one trying to remove the front sprocket nut and are struggling with it. It would on the surface, not normally register that would be a problem.

But it could be a major disaster if one uses an Impact wrench and the bike is in gear. Think about all those repeated blows of the tool hammering the gears inside the tranny.

JJ

·
Registered
286 Posts
-1 is enough the + 2 i think is a little overboard unless your on a track that needs that type gearing ...............wouldnt want a 600 or 750 to pass me up on top end but that just me .....

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope I'm sure you will like it. I went -1 +2 on my 954 and would lift constantly in first gear if I was accelerating pretty good with a smooth throttle. Then If I was riding at a good pace it would sometimes lift in second and third. Did you get a new chain at the same time?
Yup, got a 520 conversion as well. I just broke the front bolt loose, removed the rear brake, tire and sprocket, broke the old chain, and removed the chain and front sprocket just as I heard a crack of thunder and it started raining. Oh well I think I'll take the oppurtunity to clean things up a bit in there. I'll fill you all in on the results tomorrow hopefully. Also if it is to much I also bought a z1000 front sprocket if I feel like taming it down ever.:eek:ccasion1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts