Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys just thought i would let everyone know that the DDM HID H9 and H11 Headlights look amazing! The install was simple and only took about 20 min! Ill post up pics soon! Oh and they are on an 08 10r and only cost about $73 shipped. definately worth the price!

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Im on my 2nd set and theres no reason for anyone not to have a set of these... Every vehicle made should come standard w/HIDS!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Whats up guys just thought i would let everyone know that the DDM HID H9 and H11 Headlights look amazing! The install was simple and only took about 20 min! Ill post up pics soon! Oh and they are on an 08 10r and only cost about $73 shipped. definately worth the price!
Are the digital ballast's slim or the aweful super size type?

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
get some pics up soon, also snap some pics of the hardware as well.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are slim ballasts, ill get pics today

·
Registered
198 Posts
Didn't have to go to work, Okay where is the HOW TOO's on installing these

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GUIDE ME THROUGH ALL THE PLUG-INS.
I need help.

·
Registered
198 Posts
:dontknow: Well............. I just don't get it.

You'd think the plug-ins would be soooo simple, okay let me go through exactly what I did.

I am not right now near my bike, I'm about to go to bed but just wanted to type this so that tomorrow I can check this thread to see if anyone has layed me out on the fix.
Never mind I am not going to go through every single step. The end result is.... When I start up my bike the right HID bulb (H11) turns on but the left side HID bulb (H9) doesn't come on. Why??????
I hooked them both up the exact same way. Obviously I did something right because the H11 works.
I also changed my headlight fuse from the 10 amp that was in there to my spare 15 amp so that it could take the extra amps.

Why is my H9 not working?, and yes the filiment in the bulb is good, I checked all the obvious stuff.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
:dontknow: Well............. I just don't get it.

You'd think the plug-ins would be soooo simple, okay let me go through exactly what I did.

I am not right now near my bike, I'm about to go to bed but just wanted to type this so that tomorrow I can check this thread to see if anyone has layed me out on the fix.
Never mind I am not going to go through every single step. The end result is.... When I start up my bike the right HID bulb (H11) turns on but the left side HID bulb (H9) doesn't come on. Why??????
I hooked them both up the exact same way. Obviously I did something right because the H11 works.
I also changed my headlight fuse from the 10 amp that was in there to my spare 15 amp so that it could take the extra amps.

Why is my H9 not working?, and yes the filiment in the bulb is good, I checked all the obvious stuff.
turn your bike off. unplug the h9, and flip the connector around 180 degrees.(the plug coming from the bulb to the ballast connection) mine did the same thing. turn it back on, start your bike, and it should work.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am not at my bike right now, I am about to go to bed, but I thought that there was only one way to plug the female plug into the H9 with the little tabs and nobs; Your saying that I can simply just turn the plug around? I thought that the nobs on the side of the plug are staggard so that it only goes in one way.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
I am not at my bike right now, I am about to go to bed, but I thought that there was only one way to plug the female plug into the H9 with the little tabs and nobs; Your saying that I can simply just turn the plug around? I thought that the nobs on the side of the plug are staggard so that it only goes in one way.
you should be able to flip it around. my high beam would not come on either. i unplugged it and flipped it around. let me look at mine agian, i think its the fat plug, not the little skinny one. i think you are talking about the skinny one, it only goes in one way, the bigger one can be flipped.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
Question?

The H9 is the High beam right?
just check on the bulb you remove, it says what bulb type it is. then replace it with the coresponding hid bulb.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
the ballasts? the slim ones are about the size of a motorola razor. they tuck in quite nicely in the uppers. very nice mod, and they really make you more visible. happy wiht mine. i went with the 55w/6k slim kit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The H9 is the high beam and that is the one that doesn't work; I flipped it as you said and still nothing!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have much patience for this kinda stuff, especially when I paid already.
I called the tech dept. and they said to do a bunch of switching and swaping with the two ballast and both bulbs to see if one of the ballast is bad, also: I am missing a plug (the side that works- just two bare flat pieces that I pluged in to the light socket) so I am not a happy camper to say the least.

·
Registered
513 Posts
This happened to me. I'm pretty sure the H11 is the high beam, and in my kit I ended up getting 2 of them. Both bulbs worked on the high beam side, neither worked on the low beam side. I sent one back and am waiting for a replacement.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Wow!! I hearing a lot of stories about......."This happend to me" crap.

No, the H9 is the high beam; I looked it up on a micro fishe on Ron Ayers web site. Also: the tech at DDM said so as well.

Seems to me like they are having alot of problems getting their correct parts shipped out to their customers.

I'm about ready to tell them to give me back my money and go fly a kite:thefinger.
Your not the first or the only one that I've heard from who had some kind of problem with them. I am going to do one last resort tonight when I get home and work on it: He said to start changing and swaping bulbs and balast around to try to pin down where the problem lies; but to me as a CUSTOMER I sure am going through a lot on my end to cover their lack of quality control.
Next step if after all this, and it still doesn't work is to talk to whoever is in CHARGE over there to be compensated for all this frustration and wasted time. We will see how they handle and care at that point.
I'll let you all know the out come.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i understand the frustration. bu tits an electrical item, sh!t breaks. it may be as simple as shipping damage, who knows? as long as they are willing to help, i say give them a chance. if all else fails, then ask for the refund. if you look on the scale of things, how many kits have they sold? vs problems had? not taking sides, but i have had similar problems with other manufacturers, but i stayed on them, and they helped as much as they could, or refunded my money after the return. hope it works out for you!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts