Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smile: Well the 2 things that I don't like about the 10 are the brakes and the dash. After installing HH pads to fix that I still had what is in my opinion a junky ass dash. I surfed the net for a while and found the MXl line from AIM-Sports. Got a discount through my work. It took about a week to get it (from italy) and I installed it today. Let me know what you guys think. It is plug and play for the 10r via a wiring harness. I already had a 0'2 system on the bike so it incorporates in with the dash via extra open channels. Here are some pics of the unit.

Attachments

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Looks like a great set up!

Let us know how it rides!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Wow high tech f'sho! Not that I could afford one but how much???? Might be able to refinance my house!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Sweet.. how much?? Does the oil pressure actually give you oil pressure reading? Stupid question. But I'm wondering if Kawi went through the trouble to have the ECU programmed to read pressure, why did they just install the idiot light on the stock dash.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I don't think the stock dash is as bad as the mags make out, but that AIM setup is sweeet. C'mon though, what's the damage to the wallet?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes it does read actual pressure, the damage is $1000. Only thing about the o.p. is the bike uses a bar sensor and not a psi sensor. All other sensors you can tell it what you want. The valuse can be assigned to any part of the screen. Needless to say I am going to get a psi sensor from work and put on it. For the next model up that does track mapping it is $1700. I do track days but I don't race so the extra 700 was not worth it to me. Eventhough I know 1000 is rather expensive but for a aquisition system that reads so much and has gear indicator and shift lights and every paramater imaginable I love it. Tomorrow will be my first ride with it.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
madkaw said:
Yes it does read actual pressure, the damage is $1000. Only thing about the o.p. is the bike uses a bar sensor and not a psi sensor. All other sensors you can tell it what you want. The valuse can be assigned to any part of the screen. Needless to say I am going to get a psi sensor from work and put on it. For the next model up that does track mapping it is $1700. I do track days but I don't race so the extra 700 was not worth it to me. Eventhough I know 1000 is rather expensive but for a aquisition system that reads so much and has gear indicator and shift lights and every paramater imaginable I love it. Tomorrow will be my first ride with it.
A grand seems logical for that kind of tech, but I think I'll stick with the stocker for now. It is Bad Ass though!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can only set the tach in 2000 rpm increments so instead of having 14000 on it I decided on 12 instead, the rpm's are real close together on the bottom if it is set to 14000. I will try it and if need be I will set it up to 14. The shift lights are set to start at 10500 and the last red flashes at 13000. So even though the bar chart is maxed out the lights keep going.

·
Registered
298 Posts
madkaw said:
You can only set the tach in 2000 rpm increments so instead of having 14000 on it I decided on 12 instead, the rpm's are real close together on the bottom if it is set to 14000. I will try it and if need be I will set it up to 14. The shift lights are set to start at 10500 and the last red flashes at 13000. So even though the bar chart is maxed out the lights keep going.
Thats very impressive. I wish I had a spare $1000US. Have fun with it I'm sure you will. :wink:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is plug and play, no wire splicing. The software takes a little to figure out but it is not that bad.
http://www.victorylanedata.com/
real nice guy, very good customer service, they only have the pista (1799)and the pro (2299) listed but the strada (999) is the one that I have

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks cool, but for a $1k i'd rather have a killer suspension mod. Hell I hardly even look at my guages when i ride.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
Fuck that is probably the best mod i have seen yet :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
hey if the gear indicater is on there and you have a tre will that screw with it? The TRE tells the bike it is in 5th

1 - 20 of 42 Posts