Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello first post but I've been following for almost year. I allways loved the looks a reputation of the Gen 1 since it came out and found a nice one late last year with 9K miles mostly stock with a slip on. It has the stock gearing which drives me crazy since I have owned mostly 600s. I'm about to go with a 16T front sproket and will use a OEM z1000 sproket. I'm going to try that first before changing out the rear and see how I like it. While I'm at it I might go ahead and replace the chain. I have used EK MVXZ in the past with good results. However, I've never owned a bike with this much power. Is this chain suitable for a stock ZX10r on the street with maybe a track day or two? or do I need the more expensive ZZZ model? I certainly don't want to crack my cases and or get stranded out somewhere.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
the EK MVXZ is strong enough...I'm running the same chain on my Gen 3 and it should be good...the key to a chain is maintenance

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,357 Posts
MVXZ is a good chain. Actually probably a higher rating than OEM one. Stick to the stock 525 size and keep it well maintained and you'll be fine.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Ive only ran MVXZs i last had a 520, but just switched to the 530 to keep the rear teeth a week longer than normal

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Ive got a 525 MVXZ on my Gen 1 right now. I drag. Probably 15 passes a month total. Its got plenty of passes on it now and lots of street miles. Itll hold up. Just clean and lube it. Maintanence is the best way to prolong the chain's life, as was said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts