Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a set of new chain and sprockets on my zx10. RK XW Ring 525 Gold Chain, gone -1 front and +1 rear. Have a track day coming weekend. Is it ok to take the bike to the track with brand new chain and sprockets or is it necessary to ride the bike a few hundered kms and then adjust the chain to its required slack? I have heard that new chains might develop tight spots and requires adjustment after a few hundred kms. Is it true? Or am I just overreacting? Advice will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You will pass tech if it is centered and looks to be in good condition. You need to inspect the ride after every track session regardless, and inspecting the chain is part of that thought process.

Enjoy your track time and concentrate on the track knowing that your pit time was well spent on checking, cleaning and adjusting.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
i've never heard of a new chain having links that have "tight spots" . I put on a new chain and went to the track right after you will be fine...If anything you will need to adjust your chain tension after your track day as it make stretch a little....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts