Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick one,
iv a 10r 07,im getting new final drive bits this week,now im staying OEM on the back sprocket at 40 teeth but dropping the front from a 17 to 16, iv 2 options in chain OEM at 108 links or i can drop down to 106 links, anyone have any experience in doing this?? im thinking dropping down a size in front sprocket should move me down to 106 or has anyone just stayed 108?? any ideas where to get a spedo healer??

·
Registered
228 Posts
ebay the speedo healer, got mine for $114 shipped, was the lowest I could find compared to other online store sites (where you'd still have to add shipping & tax depending on the store and location) - I decided to do the same as you, while I had the bike apart. Installed the speedo healer yesterday, still waiting for my front sprocket to get here...not looking forward to taking off the sprocket nut from what I've been reading on here though

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
ebay the speedo healer, got mine for $114 shipped, was the lowest I could find compared to other online store sites (where you'd still have to add shipping & tax depending on the store and location) - I decided to do the same as you, while I had the bike apart. Installed the speedo healer yesterday, still waiting for my front sprocket to get here...not looking forward to taking off the sprocket nut from what I've been reading on here though
The front sprocket isn't that bad! Just leave the bike in neutral, put a 2x4 in the rim rested against the swingarm. I put a cloth around the 2x4 too, beat that washer flat on the front sprocket, have a nice big breaker bar, I used the handle off my floor jack on top or a large rachet, either have somebody sit on the bike for stabilty or just be careful as I did. When she breaks loose, be sure not to go flying along with it damaging something else LOL, she'll put up a fight but it really isn't too bad!!

^^^ to the op, -1 I wouldn't cut the chain down for that, eBay for the speedo healer or check with the site sponsers , they've got some good deals to be had!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all sound advice il leave it at 108! I was worried about the sprocket nut myself but iv a 3foot long socket head wrench for such jobs so I hope it comes off easy! just got a set of 6r nissin calipers for the front they should go sweet with my brembo M/C!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts