Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's the story got some new nissin calipers for my 06 zx10 already had galfer braided lines and a brembo master. everything worked fine before i removed the calipers. reused everything crush washers lines everything. i've been trying to bleed them for five hours now and can't get any resistance at the lever. i tried gravity bleeding and the calipers were full of fluid. no i pushed the caliper pistons all the way in and put new pads in and they have not budged. could they be jammed? all of them? i do the pump hold lever down open bleeder close release lever and still nothing. and i don't have a vac. any ideas whats up i can't spot a leak of any kind. thanks guys i'm so ready to see what these calipers do for me its driving me nuts.

·
Registered
844 Posts
if both calipers are full,then try bleeding your master.if not,pull calipers off,press lever to see if the pistons move but put you a piece of cardboard between the pads first.if they move,wipe the pistons with alcohol.try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
454 Posts
if both calipers are full,then try bleeding your master.if not,pull calipers off,press lever to see if the pistons move but put you a piece of cardboard between the pads first.if they move,wipe the pistons with alcohol.try that and see what happens.
if you replaced the lines my money is on needing to bleed the MC i made the same mistake when I changed my set up a few months back and took me a few minutes to catch on

·
Registered
844 Posts
are your holes on your lines aligned so that you're getting full pressure to the caliper?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have tried bleeding the master nothing changed there is absolutly no lever pressure and the pistons are still flush inside the calipers they haven't come out at all. whats the point of putting a wood block in there if they aren't moving at all?

·
Registered
844 Posts
true but sometimes you might have to turn one of the lines a fraction of an inch to align the holes inside.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i've had the calipers on and off 3 times i even tried using the aluminum washers that the original lines came with and still nothing.

·
Registered
844 Posts
which screws are you using.the old ones or new ones .the holes in the screws might not line up with the new caliper holes.check that.i had to add a couple of washers to make mine align.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i had to take mine off a few times before i found my problem,which was the xtra washer thing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i'm using the washers from my zx10 ss lines and the bolts from it to which washer did you take off the one at the top of the bolt or the on below it that hits the caliper. i only have two washers per line on on top on on bottom wouldn't it leak if u remove one. and i'm letting it gravity feed from the resivour and its getting fluid coming out of the calipers it just draining down there very slow. so i'm figuring the opening in the line must be letting fluid through. just can't figure out if maybe i messed something up by push the pistons all the way flush. does anyone have a pic of the pistons inside a nissin caliper.

·
Registered
844 Posts
i did'nt remove a washer,i actually had to add.buzz me-mike 912-230-8402

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you are using Galfer lines with Brembo m/c then you need to use special crush washers from Galfer. Most likely you are using standard crush washers (1.32mm thickness) which does NOT allow proper setting and alignment with the holes on the line fittings. See if you can get your hand on some Galfer/ Brembo crush washers (1.43mm thickness).

Here is Galfer/ Brembo crush washers P/N.: FK002D01DE

Remember you are going to need Qty. (3) crush washers for the m/c.

G/L!:ayyy:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes i reused the copper crush washers that came with my steel lines. i had them mounted to the stock calipers. do i need new ones now?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
yes i reused the copper crush washers that came with my steel lines. i had them mounted to the stock calipers. do i need new ones now?
If you are not getting a good seal around the crush washers, you will deffinetely know, you will see air and fluid seeping out. Totally clean and dry all fittings, that will let you know right away if you are having a seal issues.

I would almost bet a case of beer, you have massive air in the line, work from the top bleeder at the master, bleed several times, all the air is gonna rise to the top, once you get a lever, bleed at the left caliper, then the right caliper, then finsih it off at the master one more time.

Not sure where you guys are coming from saying the holes in the banjoes need to be lined up, the fluid flows out through the bottom of the banjo bolt they are hollow, never ever heard of the crossesctional hole having to be aligned.

·
Registered
523 Posts
are you sure calipers are on the right way seems awhile ago another forum member had the bleed nipples facing down towards the ground & got nowhere with them till he put them on the right way with bleed nipples at the top

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74837

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes look at the direction of the calipers.... i had the same problem and when my brother came he laughed at me and said that i had them upside down...
the nipples must be up.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,248 Posts
yes look at the direction of the calipers.... i had the same problem and when my brother came he laughed at me and said that i had them upside down...
the nipples must be up.
:+2:Another member had a similar problem as well, and it turned out he filled the rubber bladder in the resevoir with fluid and not the cup with the bladder on top. He tried bleeding it this way for days with no luck. A trick that I learned a long time ago to kinda help the process is to use your fingers as a purge valve to get fluid started. Take of the banjo bolt on one of the calipers and pinch it between your thumb and forefinger. Then pump the lever slowly and you should feel the air squeeze out between your fingers. When you release the lever your fingers will seal the system from getting air in it and you can repeat this until you feel/see fluid at the bolt. Then reconnect the banjo to the caliper and try bleeding normally. CAUTION: This method will make a mess! Clean up any spilled fluid immediately and it helps to drape a rag over your hand to prevent fluid from going everywhere.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts