Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the winter I added the '07 ZX6 calipers.
Had a problem with the stainless lines and had to wait untill now to add them.
I want to use Vera RJL pads and I guess they are not avalible yet and will be around 120 bones when they are. So I still have stock ZX6 pads.
Also using Motul DOT 4 brake fluid.

I put the lines on the other day and put about 100 miles on the bike. Making many small adjustments on the bike along the way. I was also keeping in mind that the slightly used ZX6 pads would take a little time to beed-in on my rotors. The brakes felt very good. Much better than stock, but I new I wanted to do another bleeding after the ride and give the bike some time to sit. I also tapped on everything with a rubber mallet just to try and run out any stubbern air bubbles.

Well I guess it all paid off, and in big dividends!!! I am using a Mighty Vac by the way. Man these brakes are very very solid. There is Zero comparision to stock. I am actually very suprised at how they feel and how they respond to the initial bit. I have not had it on the track yet this season, but it would seem that I will now have plenty of braking power for my skill level. I can't hardly imagine having the Bembo M/C with that much more stopping power. I'd imagine the Vera's would hold up better to trackday heat, but so far on the street, wow I'm digging it big time. And the lever, sheet!! Man it barely moves and things begin to work, and no more almost touching the handlebar. She's very firm. More than I thought the changes would make. :cool:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Yeah the 07 6r/14 calipers are a very nice addition and i am running a brembo master as well with mine and it is very awesome braking on my 6R stock pads.
Will be adding galfer HH pads before track time.

was running these on my 10r as well zx6r master, but i now have JJ's Brembo HP's on the bike with a 19x18 brembo should be damn awesome for sure.
will get some pics and riding impressions up after i get the front end put back together.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I was able to get my 04 out a couple weeks for a short ride with the new Nissins - I must say that I was very impressed with the new set up.

·
GEN II Driver
2,879 Posts
Yeah the 07 6r/14 calipers are a very nice addition and i am running a brembo master as well with mine and it is very awesome braking on my 6R stock pads.
Will be adding galfer HH pads before track time.

was running these on my 10r as well zx6r master, but i now have JJ's Brembo HP's on the bike with a 19x18 brembo should be damn awesome for sure.
will get some pics and riding impressions up after i get the front end put back together.
:+1: and i'm running the galfer hh pads too. best brake setup i've ever felt.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Have had the Nissin's on my 06 for quite sometime now & have had no problems at all since the change over alot nicer to late brake now with more confidence.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
good find...i heard the brakes on that bike sucked for some reason...glad you got yours figured out

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
You guys are killing me...After getting the Brembo MC and loving on it...You guys are making me considering changing the Calipers as well. Ugh...Thanks for the write up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts