Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
yeah that bike is growing on me, everytime I see it I like it more and more .. maybe one day I will get me one... LOL

·
Registered
524 Posts
My opinion- I think the 193 is way optimistic. JMHO. I don't see anyone coming out on their first try and blowing all the Japs in the weeds.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
This has the potential to be a game-changer if they don't neuter the production version. It's a given that it will be governed to 299 km/h to minimize the displeasure of the EU regulators, but it might get there faster than anything else IF they don't neuter it.

If the throttle response and vibration characteristics are anything remotely like that of the rental BMW F800ST that I had in europe, I'm not interested ...

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think that this bike is going to be incredible, given the pride BMW has in their product. However, I would be afraid to buy one the first year (like being a beta tester). BMW, as do many of the European makers, seem much more willing to let some of the "bugs" get worked out by the owners (check the last few models if you think I'm wrong).

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
I too think its gonna be an ncredible bike, the power may be optamistic but if not i really hope its not neutered. I still dislike the goofy headlights and the side fairings makes my 08 look that much sexier IMO :mrgreen:

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
fuggly

·
T Double D
870 Posts
didnt out bikes have 191hp on the sticker and with that being it refering to the crank hp

·
Registered
165 Posts
The 193 HP quoted is taken at the crank. But a pre-production S1000RR was dynoed at 179 RWHP as posted in RoadRacing World and Technology.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
The 193 HP quoted is taken at the crank. But a pre-production S1000RR was dynoed at 179 RWHP as posted in RoadRacing World and Technology.
:+1: and RRW's dyno is historically accurate compared to the other mags, they utilize the same dyno every time. I think the bike if it lives up to preproduction hype will definately be a game changer, it is very light weight too.

·
Registered
23,742 Posts
:+1: and RRW's dyno is historically accurate compared to the other mags, they utilize the same dyno every time. I think the bike if it lives up to preproduction hype will definately be a game changer, it is very light weight too.
yes this is a bike I will watch closely in the next few years....would never buy a 1st year model from a Manufacturer that has not been in this territory before taking on the Jap bikes in this class. It's definitely interesting to see how it works out with all the special electronics and HP but also like you said 9R it's suppose to be light as well....a recipe for a great stock bike but because I don't know much about the Cook I'll wait till the Dusts settles. :wink:

bloo

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Where are the bags?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Sounds okay 455 lbs not to shaby for a first try but i bet the price is up there.I dont want to buy one but where can i race one? shure looks part kawi on the front probably gonna be a great bike.The more the better.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Sounds okay 455 lbs not to shaby for a first try but i bet the price is up there.I dont want to buy one but where can i race one? shure looks part kawi on the front probably gonna be a great bike.The more the better.
Actually it is under 14K, not to shabby, thats with no ABS and Traction control, they are going to offer different options like cars.

·
Registered
360 Posts
anybody remember the bmw k1200whatever from a while back that was supposed to be the busa killer? Then it finally came out and was a turd.

I'd wait to see the actual production bike numbers before drooling all over it. Wouldn't be the first time the preproduction numbers were over inflated.

·
Registered
677 Posts
This "first year" stuff people keeping saying doesn't make sense, the 04 zx 10 was a first year bike the 06 zx 10 was a first year bike and so was the 08. Every 2 years its a new bike so whats the big deal? its not like bmw doesn't know what they are doing. BMW has stated that they want to bury the jap competition right from jump street and I'd say/guess from what I have seen, read, and heard they have done so. OH on that rrw dyno same day a gsxr made low 160's :)

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I doubt its as good as people are saying simply because it's pre-production. Look at the k1200r and even the zx12r. But if it is just wait for the 2011 zx10r it blow it out of the water.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts