Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys & Girls

I have a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

I had a R77 Slip on exhaust installed last summer. I love the bike but do notice that if i want to launch fast, or try and stand it up the bike boggs down (laggs, doesn't go quickly) what ever you want to call it. Ideas how to get my torque back?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Hey Guys & Girls

I have a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R

I had a R77 Slip on exhaust installed last summer. I love the bike but do notice that if i want to launch fast, or try and stand it up the bike boggs down (laggs, doesn't go quickly) what ever you want to call it. Ideas how to get my torque back?
Custom map and PC III or change rear sproket go up 2 teeth.

Or Practice... My buddy can wheelie my 10r in 2nd but I have a tough time pulling up 2nd.

rear sproket will be easy quick fix

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've had a problem simular to this since i picked up my first gen 1 1/2 years ago. Its weird coming off an older R6 to a 1000cc and having a hard time getting the front end up there. At first i thought it was the elevation, since i had moved before getting rid of the R6 and upgrading to the ten. But the more i get out on the back roads and play with slipping the clutch (something i had no problem with on the R6 after a little bit of practice), the more i'm becoming suspect of the clutch. I've yet to tear into the bike or send it to the shop to see whats going on, but i've definately got a feeling that this is the culpret. If so, it sounds a lot like what you are describing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts