Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should i do i got a 05 zx-10 its gona be 5 yrs old now , wondering if i should upgrade to 10 zx or BMW how does the 05 hold its own against the newer stuff or maybe i should just kep it what you all think ?

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Use the difference on the bike to do some upgrades you wont be disappointed...
:+1: Shave weight and add power, get some nice suspension and you will be leaving the new bikes in your dust

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
It's all about rider skill.....not the bike....

I'll say this once and only once....my girl usually leads the pack here in Austin...she rides a GSXR 750...(03)...and I can't keep up with here the corners..I can catch her in the straights..but she usually gets ahead of me enough to where I can't catch her till it's too late...

So unless you just wan't another bike....don't waste the $$

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't want to sound like some old man and i'm not hateing on anybody if you like it and can afford it buy it But what is biking coming to buying the newess bike every year what happen to buying what you like taking your time and making it yours with your own style and taste and having that bond with your bike most people don't have there bikes long enough to have that bond and i'm sorry i think if your going to be going down the thurway or back roads at a hundred plus every now and again you need to at least know that bike Anyway sorry to rant but like i said if u really like the new bemmer buy it but you could invest in that 05 a little bit more custom wheels ect'ect i personlly like the bemmer and maybe would buy it but i would not sell my 10r to get it hope this helps with your decision

·
Registered
111 Posts
what you all think ?
I say keep the 05.
But, I'm a cheap-scape, LOL!!!
My suggestion: if you can sell the 05 and purchase a new 10R without having to finance it, GO FOR IT.
But, don't finance a new bike just for the bragging rights of new bike ownership.

See ya,
Kelly

·
Registered
413 Posts
i don't want to sound like some old man and i'm not hateing on anybody if you like it and can afford it buy it but what is biking coming to buying the newess bike every year what happen to buying what you like taking your time and making it yours with your own style and taste and having that bond with your bike most people don't have there bikes long enough to have that bond and i'm sorry i think if your going to be going down the thurway or back roads at a hundred plus every now and again you need to at least know that bike anyway sorry to rant but like i said if u really like the new bemmer buy it but you could invest in that 05 a little bit more custom wheels ect'ect i personlly like the bemmer and maybe would buy it but i would not sell my 10r to get it hope this helps with your decision
:+1:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I say keep the 05.
But, I'm a cheap-scape, LOL!!!
My suggestion: if you can sell the 05 and purchase a new 10R without having to finance it, GO FOR IT.
But, don't finance a new bike just for the bragging rights of new bike ownership.

See ya,
Kelly
:+1:again.

While it would be nice to have the BMW. I've seen it and ridden it at a BMW show here in Germany. It's a sweet bike and I would love to own one. Actually thought about putting a deposit on one, but for 15K, I think i'll pass for now. I love my '04' 10R and i'll be riding her til the wheels fall off...or something else unfortunate happens.

To each his own though.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
upgrade the 05. i have an 08 and sometimes wish i had i 05. the gen 3s are rare where i live so its nice but the 04-05 is what started the legend.

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
A while back I was contemplating selling my Gen1 for a Gen3.
I changed my mind eventually. It's been fun modding my bike and making it my own, and definitely one of a kind. Keep the Ti 05 until you ride the wheels off it, I know thats what I'm gonna do on my 04.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I love my '04' 10R and i'll be riding her til the wheels fall off...
QUOTE] :+1:

It's funny because my son thinks I'm crazy over my 04. I bought it slightly crashed, purchased a set of cheap replacement plastic off the internet, replaced what was necessary, and still haven't painted it yet.
The 07 shows twice as well, and although it's a quick bike I smoke it on the 4. I've quartered the 4 to the low 10's. I can't put a finger on why but I just find it more body position friendly to me than the 7. Michael is just the opposite, he feels more comfortable on the 7.
Here's a link to the purchase.
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73262&highlight=huskyrider

I'm with Highsider on his quote. My shop is loaded with toys from over the years. I never buy 'em new and it takes an act of congress to make me sell.

See ya,
Kelly

1 - 14 of 14 Posts