Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only have my 10 a few weeks and today I noticed a tiny bit of paint on the corner of my seat cowl has work through right on the corner :(

I use my bike everyday and this is where I have sometimes skimmed it with my leg getting on and off. I know it's gonna get marks and what not as it's used daily, but it's still annoying.

Is it possible to get those little touch up bottles with the small brush for the Kawasaki lime green. Or would I only make things worse?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, anywhere in UK though?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I used to be a freak about my vehicles being perfect but it's gets tiring. I'd personally leave it till off season and fix everything at once. Don't forget to do a nice wax job as it'll offer some protection.

·
Gun Owning Republican
5,278 Posts
I used to clean every weekend...Now I just park it and let it sit.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ahh.. happens to the best of us...

Don't sweat it; try to look at the big picture: imagine dropping it for the first time!! Yikes! All a matter of being careful at all times with all manner of usage... Best of luck.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
I used to be a freak about my vehicles being perfect but it's gets tiring. I'd personally leave it till off season and fix everything at once. Don't forget to do a nice wax job as it'll offer some protection.
First summer I had the 08 a rock busted my radiator. $1000 later reinstalled new with Rad guard. Then some high speed passes got some rock chips in the front. Then droped it at the gas station:wink:. Now I see the rear has a mark from me carrying a helmet on the side of the bike at 150. 20,000 miles later she still looks new at 189:mrgreen:

I keep the bike well maintained and clean but I ride to much to fix all the nicks and scratches. I think the scars add character. I used touch up paint it did not match.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Bikes are for riding not for looking pretty

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
First summer I had the 08 a rock busted my radiator. $1000 later reinstalled new with Rad guard. Then some high speed passes got some rock chips in the front. Then droped it at the gas station:wink:. Now I see the rear has a mark from me carrying a helmet on the side of the bike at 150. 20,000 miles later she still looks new at 189:mrgreen:

I keep the bike well maintained and clean but I ride to much to fix all the nicks and scratches. I think the scars add character. I used touch up paint it did not match.:eek:ccasion1
ya man there bikes not trailer queens. I mean what's the point if you dont use it, and does it look like a ducati at 200? lol

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I stopped caring about little things after I tore all my fairings to crap on my first track day.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My bikes have always been for riding... and looking good, hence all the bits I put on. But I use it everyday come rain or shine, so I know it wasn't gonna stay prestine. Still annoying though!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts