Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I didn't break my personal best quarter mile, but I did set a new best 60ft and 1/8th mile. We added some weight to the front. Started out with 20lbs on the front and my first pass it just didn't wanna run very well. My tuner was thinking since I rode my bike on the street for a little while that it fouled my plugs. But after a couple passes it cleaned them back up. We ended up taking 10lbs back off of the front, but once we did it started wheelie'n again.. Still haven a bunch of little stuff we need to work on but its definitely picking up. Even though the mph was down it was definitely running!! My best 60' on my bike before last night was a 1.49. and went a 1.42 and back it up with a 1.44 after that. Although I didn't better my quarter mile I'm still happy. My second video you can hear how early it kicked out of 5th and STILL went an 8.98. I compared my slip with that pass and my 8.83 pass and this pass was quicker EVERYWHERE except the damn quarter.

My las pass I went up there and went to take off and I had NO clutch what so ever. Usually when my clutch has gone out before it would still ride ok just would slip when I got into a little power. My clucth was so bad last night I had to Flinstone it just to get it movin fast enough to get it over to the hill to load it back in my truck. So I really think its my basket. Oh well back to the drawing board.. But HERE'S MY PROOF! lol

Attachments

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice times any motor work? spray?
Thanks man. Yeah I have Pistons, milled and ported head, HD valve springs, headstuds, and an 08 kit cam. And that was with a 30 jet in the main line and 22's in each cylinder. We dont' really know what kind of power its makin. It made 192 with that jet and a slippin clutch, and we haven't put it back on the dyno yet..

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice passes, so did you put more than 10 pounds on it after it started to wheelie again? Nice passes too!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice passes, so did you put more than 10 pounds on it after it started to wheelie again? Nice passes too!
Thanks man! Yeah we put the other 2 plates on it and next pass my clutch was completely toast. It took everything it had just to get it back through the pits.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Looking good Congrats :eek:ccasion1:

bloo

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking good Congrats :eek:ccasion1:

bloo
Thanks Bloo!! It's gonna go faster. My tuner wants to put a lock up in it next year. But he wants me to keep it short. It's so much more of a challenge. So challenge accepted!! He said he thinks he can get me in the 8.50's next year. :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thanks Bloo!! It's gonna go faster. My tuner wants to put a lock up in it next year. But he wants me to keep it short. It's so much more of a challenge. So challenge accepted!! He said he thinks he can get me in the 8.50's next year. :mrgreen:

Awesome....I respect racers like you that can keep it short and still go fast...nice :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome....I respect racers like you that can keep it short and still go fast...nice :thumbsup::eek:ccasion1
:eek:ccasion: that's what I'm sayin! It's so much easier to go fast with a mile long arm. And there are a lot of guys faster than i am with a shorter wheel base. But it's so much more of a challenge stayin short. And more satisfying when you do go fast.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1.42 on a hand clutch is getting it done at 63 inches. nice job man
Thanks man. I was .01 off my best ever with a stock clutch. I went a 1.41 on a GSXR 1K this year. But it had a 12 over evil arm on it. I was going to try to get some shims on my stock springs before the last outing but couldn't get off work in time and of course burnt my clutch up that night. I think I'm gonna leave it short but put a lockup in it next year.. I like goin fast but I like the challenge of a short bike. My tuner thinks he can get in in the 1.3 60fts next year with a lockup so we'll see. :eek:ccasion1

·
Shorty's Performance
8,860 Posts
Man I know! :lol: I want too but don't have the money for a new left side yet. :( hopefully by next season I can have her all pretty again. :thumbsup:

100% you will go much faster with the fairings on!! What fairings do you need I might have some scratched ones and If I have what you need I send them to you for free ninety nine :mrgreen:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
100% you will go much faster with the fairings on!! What fairings do you need I might have some scratched ones and If I have what you need I send them to you for free ninety nine :mrgreen:
Man I don't doubt that at all. All I really need is the left side mid. I have a right but I just always blow off the damn left side! Once I get one I'm gonna build a bracket to hold the mods together so hopefully it won't happen again. I have looked everywhere for a damn left side but no one seems to have any :( I would really appreciate it madness. :eek:ccasion:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts