Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alpinestars continues to up the ante for off-the-peg fit with their latest leather one-piece suit, the Tech 1R. Constructed using premium 1.3mm leather with logically positioned accordion and Aramidic stretch panels, the suit is as close to a custom fit as you can get without the custom made price. While Aramidic and accordion stretch panels have been employed in many of the latest Alpinestars suits, the Tech 1-R uses a unique U-shaped leather accordion stretch panel that is centered on the lower back and runs up both sides of the torso. This covers a large area where sizes can differentiate greatly from user to user. This innovation, which was previously the domain only of top Alpinestars-sponsored athletes, is now available to everyone. The U-shaped panel design helps the Tech 1-R one-piece leather suit accommodate a wide range of users while at the same time improving flexibility when compared to the standard lower-back-only stretch panel.

Like their premier Race Replica suit, the Alpinestars Tech 1-R suit employs external hard armor on the shoulders and knees. This not only protects the leather’s seams in particularly vulnerable areas, but also allows cooling air to get directly to the joint areas below, something that isn’t possible using only conventional joint construction techniques. Furthermore, the part of the external knee protectors which face the motorcycle use a soft grip material to aid in feel against the bike for improved rider confidence. Under the external knee armor can be found new CE-approved GP-R protectors that cover the top and sides of the knees and extend down to the shin areas to compliment the protection offered by a good pair of motorcycle boots. Elbows and shoulders are also backed up with impact-absorbing armor under the leather. Internally, soft armor is situated in the aerodynamic hump on the back, at the hips and on the chest – the latter of which can be upgraded with Alpinestars’ own Bionic Chest inserts. Another unique aspect, from an armor standpoint, is that the external soft armor on the chest and back is also ventilated, which permits an exceptional amount of air to get to the rider.

The suit is fully perforated from the center of the chest down to the tops of the knees. Ventilation of this leather racing suit is further aided by the Aramidic stretch panels in the arms, crotch and behind the knees where contact with the pavement is unlikely. Each perforation in the leather is precision die cut so there is no excess material hanging out that can lead to increased wear on the suit. On the inside, a fully-removable mesh liner not only makes getting into and out of the suit easy, but also forces the leather to stand off from the rider’s skin enough to allow efficient cooling and easy movement. Another nice feature is the mesh lining around the neck and wherever there are YKK-zippered closures such as the wrist cuffs, ankle openings and on the front that help make the suit supremely comfortable in areas that have, in the past, been a noticeable distraction for some riders where the exposed leather begins to chafe after only a short stint in the saddle.

As you can see, everything about the Tech 1-R suit from Alpinestars is built on lessons learned from rider feedback. The suit easily accommodates a wide range of shapes thanks to the use of a U-shaped stretch accordion panel on the back and the protection afforded by CE-approved armor is top notch. This brand new suit can be yours by calling MIKE at 866.931.6644 ext 804 for expert sizing guidance and fast shipping. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to send us a note either – FORUM at RIDERSDISCOUNT dot COM is the address. Please include the subject line ALPINESTARS TECH 1R along with the size you need and the color you want and we’ll get back to you with expert advice shortly.

The Tech 1-R Alpinestars leather suit in white/red.

The most significant contributor to this suit’s comfortable fit is the U-shaped accordion stretch panel seen on the back side of the suit.

Additional accordion panels are behind the elbows (shown here), behind the shoulders and just above the knees. This, combined with the Aramidic stretch panels give the suit excellent flexibility.

MSRP: $1499.99. Inside the suit you’ll find a fully-removable mesh liner with a 3D insert covering the back area for extra comfort.

A back protector works best when it is positioned properly. To this end, Alpinestars includes three buttons to which an Alpinestars Bionic Race CE-level 2 certified back protector can be snapped into place to suit each individual rider's needs.

Mesh inserts line each zipped closure. Notice also the expansion zipper in the foreground (an Alpinestars patent) which allows the suit to accommodate individuals with large calves.

Shoulder and knee joints are covered in the areas most likely to come into contact with the ground by strong plastic external protectors. Both of these provide excellent coverage to the seams in the area and also allow ventilation where it would not otherwise be safe.

The suit is precision-perforated for exceptional comfort in high temperature environments.

Even the aerodynamic hump is perforated on the top and sides.

This suit is also available in black/white:

And there’s also a white/black Alpinestars Tech 1-R leather suit.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the suit I want, I need a euro size 60 in the red/white/black. Thanks Mike

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wow, very nice...Ive got the RC-1 and use it EVERY day...ATGATT

No complaints what so every cept for winter season it vents a little too well...lmao

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Girlfriend sent me a pic while I was at work. As always MIke, a pleasure doing business with you. It will look good with my carbon bell star Lid you hooked me up with :thumbsup: Can't wait to get home.

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Girlfriend sent me a pic while I was at work. As always MIke, a pleasure doing business with you. It will look good with my carbon bell star Lid you hooked me up with :thumbsup: Can't wait to get home.
Thanks for the post, looks great! :eek:ccasion1

1 - 18 of 18 Posts