Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Evo 2 system for my 04 10 today. I am waiting on new exhaust gaskets. In the installation manual it says something to the fact that if your stud bolts are too short then take out the exhaust gaskets. My question is how many of you with the akra system used 1)old gaskets, 2)new gaskets, 3)no gaskets. Just want to get the system on and my parts guy says maybe next Thurs-Fri for the gaskets. Nobody else has enough in stock. I can drive around about 100 miles and round up 3. Just wondering if they are needed. Btw, the bike has almost 10000 mi and the stock header has never been removed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
are these gaskets from akrapovic - or are they generic header gaskets from kawasaki?

i bought some race headers last week that i want to fit, need to know where i can get some back up gaskets before the bike is in bits and i find out the hard way that i need some :sad:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
There just OEM gaskets that the dealer should have on hand. They are about $5 each so it's kind of expensive for what you get but you need them so you the dealer sticks it to you again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts