Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 ZX10R
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a brand new 2022 zx10r a few months ago and have about 1900 miles on it so far, and have loved the bike every bit since purchasing it. But one thing I noticed today while riding is if I'm in 2nd or 3rd gear and doing about 30-40mph, if I try to snap the throttle fully open then the bike bogs out at about 6k rpm and won't go past it until I let off the throttle. It does this in both 'Sport' mode and in Rider 1 with the power set to 'Full' and the traction control 'Off'. At first I wondered if it was because traction control was kicking in, because when it did this it reminded me of how a bike would act in a lower power mode, but that it doesn't seem to be the case.

If I roll onto the throttle then it does not do this at all, it only does it if I try to fully snap it open suddenly.

Nothing has been done to the bike as far as performance mods at all. I'm not sure if this is something that would go away with an ECU flash or not?

·
The Pace
7,307 Posts
Don't full throttle snap; has to be ecu safety. Roll on smoothly always especially during break in period. I never babied during break in but never tried full snap when new.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts