Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went down to the dealer ship to look at the new 10r and i just dont know man. The rear end looks so flimsy. Like if some onsat on the back it would fall apart. They change the rear end light (it no longer looks like the upside down V). I like the new hud and front end but the back of the bike seems like an after thought. Along with that mega phone exhaust and the massively ugly rear fender. I guess i am just i love with the 2nd gen and would like to get another one. But i also like the new Z1000 and i think it looks awesome. Just thought i would get some advice from my brothers and sisters. I know i can always find a second gen for sale for about 5k and have more then that in the bank. Just would be nice to have both bikes ( 2nd gen and Z1000). What do you guys think of the new ZX10R? I know it really boils down to what i like but just wanted to hear some opinions :thumbsup: Thanks in advance :badteeth:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I say go BMW :bd: J/K...If insurance for the new 10 didnt cost an arm and a leg here in NYC I would have went with it....I say if you can afford it, get the New 10. Im sure you wouldnt be dissapointed

·
Registered
9 Posts
z1000

I have a 2010 z1000 1,100 mi. possibly selling due to just picking up my new 2011 10r today. if interested let me know. I know this isnt the place to post sale item but since you brought it up. You can pm me if you like.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It depends if you want more comfort or not. As long as you pay cash you dont have to have insurance for the lien holder. Florida does not require it. :badteeth:
And that's when murphys law kicks in....nothing like getting stolen or totaling a brand new $14k bike and not being able to replace it

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I was just telling the wife the other day I should get one of them Z1000's LOL I like the looks of them and would get rid of my 08 ZX10 for one I think they look good and it wont kill my wrists when riding, heres a pic i found looks damn good IMO

Attachments

·
Registered
1,802 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I like the 2010 silver red and black one. Also I love ins it gave me +2k for my Gsxr that was stolen. I just fell in love with the Gen 2 it just looks sick.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i really like the z1000, and i think the '11 with green looks pimp. I personally would go with the 10r, just because i prefer the feel of a sportbike right now. They are two great bikes that do their job well. The z1K is going to be a lot more comfortable and still have tons of power to get you into trouble. The 10r is loaded with technology and will probably make you an overall better rider.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
screw that.. I gots the best of both worlds!!!:thumbsup:

Yes Patrick Does. Big time. :thumbsup:

It just astounds me that people talk about lack of comfort...when sitting on a ZX-10R the same way they sit on any other choice (like Z-1000) bike you ride on the public road...is just a change the freakin handle bars (and Spiegler has a kit for it, in the LSL line) tweek away...and then you have a ZX-10 performance, with the stance for the street that you are on (which isn't a closed course track).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was just telling the wife the other day I should get one of them Z1000's LOL I like the looks of them and would get rid of my 08 ZX10 for one I think they look good and it wont kill my wrists when riding, heres a pic i found looks damn good IMO

this is the one i like a little different. but still both are nice :badteeth:

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts