Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm picking up my 2008 ZX-10r tomorrow (in GREEN BABY). Don’t kill me, but I’m crossing over from a 2007 CBR1000RR race bike so I can have something to ride here in Germany (Gotta do the Autobahn) and the streets. They won’t let race bikes on the tracks over here unless they are street legal except for club racing. My question is this, besides doing the standard 520 conversion, exhaust, rearsets, and brake lines, what would you suggest doing right away? I do have to somewhat keep it legal or easily re-convertible. As soon as I’m done with the break in period plus a couple miles, this baby is going on Hockenheimring and Nürburgring. Help me Obi-Wan you’re my only hope!
P.S. Does anyone know where to get a Monster sticker kit?

·
Registered
551 Posts
My question is this, besides doing the standard 520 conversion, exhaust, rearsets, and brake lines, what would you suggest doing right away?
Gratz!

I would get the DynoJet PCIII USB first thing. It really advances the 1-8k rpm range if you get it tuned to around 13AFR. Disconnect the exhaust butterfly valvee.
P.S. Does anyone know where to get a Monster sticker kit?
Try searching for "monster energy sticker" on www.ebay.com
I ordered 2 sets. Awaiting arrival.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
take out the 2ndry flies( haha b.d. gonna bash me for that) and go down 1 in the front and it will wake it up in low-end power a whole bunch

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
New bike, and three days later... first ever accident. The bike is totaled!!! Busted the front wheel, cracked the frame, forks bent, headlights faring busted and more. Was riding on the Autobahn and it was raining on and off. I was going about 50mph (80km speed limit) entering a construction site and the front end came out from underneath me. I don't remember it at all. I was unconscious for four hours. My brother was riding behind me and couldn’t tell either. I ended up sliding into a concrete barrio. I broke my clavicle, separated a few ribs, and bruised my lung, kidney and spleen. I was wearing my race leathers, so no road rashes. My helmet was destroyed. I was just lucky on this one. I’ve low-sided on the track a few times but never hurt. I feel bad I ruined my new ZX-10R. Depending on what I get back from insurance, I might just have to make a new race bike.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 33 Posts