Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys just wanted to introduce ourselfs to the site we are CLC Racing from NJ my name is Carlos we are new vendors to the ZX10Rnet and we are gonna be building a a full out 10R track bike superbike build for myself and show case some parts for you guys , some great reviews on products for the Zx10R and RR and posting up some great informative threads to help you guys make the best decision on aftermarket parts for your Project.. SO Stay Tuned and follow my build gonna be fun!!!!!

17 ZX10R KRT non ABS got as a left over zero miles $11,500 was the deal. Not to bad now to start ripping her apart...

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The next step is to drop some weight, increase power and get that screamer sound Ninja’s are known for. Since this is an all-out build, we took our cue from the Kawasaki Racing Team and installed an Akrapovic Evolution system. This is a full titanium exhaust that dropped nearly 12lbs from the full stock system and added about 6 db’s to the stock decibel levels (about 102db now).

For fuel tuning, we started with the Woolrich Race Tools Flash that activates the blipper, changes the speedo on the dash to a gear indicator and unlocks all the factory nanny modes. Bauce Racing did the actual dyno tuning.

Since the exhaust side was de-restricted, we turned out attention to the intake. Leaving the factory snorkel and intake flapper in place (for now), an MWR HE Race filter was installed. After Bauce Racing evened out the fuel tables and got a solid baseline, we pulled that filter to compare it to the WSBK filter that the KRT bikes are running. Result will be posted soon!

While all this is going on with Carlos’ bike, our other team member was taking a more “budget” approach to see what other companies had to offer. Aaron (aka neonmarine) is doing a very similar initial power mods with his 2016 ZX10R, but instead of using the top-shelf, full titanium Akra system, he wanted to see how the much more economical Hindle system stacks up. He is going to be running the same MWR HE Race and WSBK filters on his bike next week and after some direct comparison dyno pulls, the 93 pump gas is getting drained from the tank to be replaced with U4.4! Will we see 200hp? Stay tuned (pun intended :0 )

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm running a BMC race filter and was wondering how the foam filters compare to say a BMC or K&N? Do you see significant numbers on dyno or butt dyno for that matter?

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
Next bit coming up we have a Full Akrapovic Exhaust Carbon and ECU Flash running Woolich software since I am using the Racetools QS kit for now possibly switching to the KIT ECU and Race Harness but for now we are getting tuned Bauce Racing is doing the tune for us we are gonna be running with the MWR Race Filter and with the MWR WSBK filter on a Dynojet and posting the numbers same time we are gonna have Aaron do the same with his ZX10R running a Full Hindle system we got him and same comparison running the MWR race filter and WSBK and post all the numbers and info to give you guys real data. Akrapovic VS Hindle and Race Filter VS WSBK .
Longest run on sentence ever but I don't care I am subscribed now for this!

·
Registered
460 Posts
The next step is to drop some weight, increase power and get that screamer sound Ninja’s are known for. Since this is an all-out build, we took our cue from the Kawasaki Racing Team and installed an Akrapovic Evolution system. This is a full titanium exhaust that dropped nearly 12lbs from the full stock system and added about 6 db’s to the stock decibel levels (about 102db now).

For fuel tuning, we started with the Woolrich Race Tools Flash that activates the blipper, changes the speedo on the dash to a gear indicator and unlocks all the factory nanny modes. Bauce Racing did the actual dyno tuning.

Since the exhaust side was de-restricted, we turned out attention to the intake. Leaving the factory snorkel and intake flapper in place (for now), an MWR HE Race filter was installed. After Bauce Racing evened out the fuel tables and got a solid baseline, we pulled that filter to compare it to the WSBK filter that the KRT bikes are running. Result will be posted soon!

While all this is going on with Carlos’ bike, our other team member was taking a more “budget” approach to see what other companies had to offer. Aaron (aka neonmarine) is doing a very similar initial power mods with his 2016 ZX10R, but instead of using the top-shelf, full titanium Akra system, he wanted to see how the much more economical Hindle system stacks up. He is going to be running the same MWR HE Race and WSBK filters on his bike next week and after some direct comparison dyno pulls, the 93 pump gas is getting drained from the tank to be replaced with U4.4! Will we see 200hp? Stay tuned (pun intended :0 )
Let me know if you guys need another bike to test on. If I have too I will donate my bike to test the akra full system..

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,562 Posts
@CLCRacingLos Would be awesome if you put the Hindle full system steel piping on a scale before install for a weight comparison with the OEM titanium headers :notworthy:

Reactions: Diescrap95

·
Formerly CLCRACINGAaron
473 Posts
@CLCRacingLos Would be awesome if you put the Hindle full system steel piping on a scale before install for a weight comparison with the OEM titanium headers :notworthy:
I can make that happen. Thanks for the input!

Reactions: TheRoadWarrior

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just a little update on my build going good , got the rear all done up. Fast Franks Quick Axle Kit with Lighttechs. Waitng for his new Underslung bracket to be available to run that, cant wait. OZ wheels came in and are so so pretty went with WorldWide Bearings Ceramic bearings turns out they are like two towns over from me great guys!! Attack Performance Tripple Trees and Clip Ons on some new Ohlins Forks gotta love the Gold.. Only issue right now is running Speigler Lines with Staubli Dry fittings staright to the caliper, and the Staubli Fitting is HUGE havuing trouble finding a single banjo M10 x1.0 thats long enough anyone have any ideas? I need the shank of the banjo bolt to at least be about 24mm. Stock Kawi bolt is about 24mm total in length from head of bolt to end of shank and running that I can only get about 2-3 threads worth.... NO BUENO , anyone have any ideas I heard some older Ducati single banjos were that long but I cant find these little suckers...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Just a little update on my build going good , got the rear all done up. Fast Franks Quick Axle Kit with Lighttechs. Waitng for his new Underslung bracket to be available to run that, cant wait. OZ wheels came in and are so so pretty went with WorldWide Bearings Ceramic bearings turns out they are like two towns over from me great guys!! Attack Performance Tripple Trees and Clip Ons on some new Ohlins Forks gotta love the Gold.. Only issue right now is running Speigler Lines with Staubli Dry fittings staright to the caliper, and the Staubli Fitting is HUGE havuing trouble finding a single banjo M10 x1.0 thats long enough anyone have any ideas? I need the shank of the banjo bolt to at least be about 24mm. Stock Kawi bolt is about 24mm total in length from head of bolt to end of shank and running that I can only get about 2-3 threads worth.... NO BUENO , anyone have any ideas I heard some older Ducati single banjos were that long but I cant find these little suckers...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BANJO-BOLT-M10-x-1-26mm/330526544936?hash=item4cf4ead428:g:YZQAAOSwDn5bLqb5

That seems to be the banjo your looking for. Build looks great and can't wait to test ride it haha! When is first day on track and where?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BANJO-BOLT-M10-x-1-26mm/330526544936?hash=item4cf4ead428:g:YZQAAOSwDn5bLqb5

That seems to be the banjo your looking for. Build looks great and can't wait to test ride it haha! When is first day on track and where?
Bro......... Thanks for that... Seriously I was going nuts trying to find one. Nobody had any Ti or from all other manufactures etc even from Ducati I couldnt find one.. I appreciate it and good to know. I ended up going to the Banjo Style fitting with the staubli dry fitting. Its the same setup only the dryfitting isnt directly on the caliper most run it this way. I have seen all race teams with this setup mainly not the direct fitting to the caliper. Which makes sense cause they cant find banjos lmao. But again I appreciate it.

To be honest I prefer this way anyway cause with the staubli fitting directly to the caliper, it kind of just hangs right out there! The last thing I want to do is bugger up a $300 fitting if I go down. So we have some new pieces being made from Speigler just a short line with banjo and the Staubli will be midline is all just like mlst dry fitting setups you see on superbikes.

I know I was asked about the Thightails Subframe and fitment. Fitment was really spot on great actually I am very happy with the subframe. Mounted right up , only thing I had to modify was the crossbrace by the tank where your stock seat hooks into. The holes were a little off just had to make them a tad larger.. Be careful cause most of the mounts on the subframe are a little aluminum style rivet bung and you can break it pretty easy or crossthread and then they are just spinning. As for the battery, ecu and all that was under the tail. I used the stock undertray , I went to a lithium battery lighter and smaller. As for the ECU I left it in stock location on the undertray just ziptied it around the subframe to keep it in place. I am running armourbodies Supertail and it fit perfect.

I had more pics but I use my iphoneX and it died and i lost my pics cause I didnt back up:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: But I will post some of the tail and subframe etc.

Also we have the new Fast Franks Racing ZX10 Underslung rear caliper bracket coming to us , got one of the first ones should be here any day. I will post pics , it allows you to run the stock caliper which is awesome and its bling well its Fast Franks eveyrthing he makes is bling.. We are running his quick rear axle kit aswell already and am excited to run this new bracket and have a underslung setup. Opposed to getting a custom bracket and brembo or beringer rear caliper and modifying it to work with the quick rear kit. I dont use the rear that much to justify it all. I do use the rear a good amount so I am stooked to get this ....

·
Registered
460 Posts
This is right from the source basically.

https://spieglerusa.com/banjo-bolt-4180.html

I don't know where to find the bolts in Ti but down the road if you need here ya go. Sounds like you can buy in bulk and sell to the pros at track with a huge mark up haha.

Is the reason for this setup just to flush the fluid easier and without such a mess? I have never seen this setup and would like to get a better understanding as to the reason behind it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
This is right from the source basically.

https://spieglerusa.com/banjo-bolt-4180.html

I don't know where to find the bolts in Ti but down the road if you need here ya go. Sounds like you can buy in bulk and sell to the pros at track with a huge mark up haha.

Is the reason for this setup just to flush the fluid easier and without such a mess? I have never seen this setup and would like to get a better understanding as to the reason behind it.
Yeah Speigler used to sell them they dont anymore:angryfire::angryfire: They told me they couldnt justify the cost and they werent selling any. Honestly even most race teams runs the banjo style with the dry fitting mid line. Westby Bike, Josh Herrins bike etc they all run this setup, not so much the direct staubli to the caliper seen some in MotoGP ..

The main benefits for the Staubli dry fittings is being able to change out calipers , Masters etc and not having to re bleed the system. I am building this bike with Endurance Racing in mind. But its great for racing , you can have a spare MC ready to go and calipers etc. Calipers in a crash not so much but being able to swap a MC if need be after a crash and not having to spend time purging the system even in pad changes is awesome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

Great looking bike!

Did you get any "manual" with the OZ wheels? I bought used Piegas from UK and I would like to know what are the torque specs for;

- Axel nut
- sprocket nut
- brake disc bolts

If you have a link for manual or other interesting information regarding the wheels, I would appreate if could share it.

Thanks and keep up the good topic. I have exactly the same bike.

-JULLE, Finland

·
Registered
59 Posts
Also we are Starlane Dealers and we got the New Davinici 2 5 inch TFT Dash GPS Data Logger with Kawi plug and play harness. Really like the plug and play option. I will post some more info and hopefully get some data to share with you guys soon.

That dash looks awesome! Can you give us some pictures of the install and a quick review? I have been looking at it for a while now, but want to see how it looks/works on the ZX10.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi,

Great looking bike!

Did you get any "manual" with the OZ wheels? I bought used Piegas from UK and I would like to know what are the torque specs for;

- Axel nut
- sprocket nut
- brake disc bolts

If you have a link for manual or other interesting information regarding the wheels, I would appreate if could share it.

Thanks and keep up the good topic. I have exactly the same bike.

-JULLE, Finland
Sorry brother I was away on vacation for a week. I have the OZ catalog but they arent gonna spec out TQ settings. Gonna want to follow your stock TQ settings for your Axle nut, Sprocket nust etc. If your running aftermarket hardware like we are. I am running Pro Ti Titanium Hardware and they give you there own TQ setting specs. Hope that helps

1 - 20 of 49 Posts