Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just traded in my 2006 Kawi EX650 (aka Ninja 650R) for a new-to-me 2006 ebony black ZX-10R! Talk about a difference in bikes, there is no comparison. I've had an R6 in the past as well, so I'm not totally new to the sportbike arena, but this is my first liter bike. While the 650R was much more comfortable, the 10R is a lot more fun. I'm taking it really slow for now; I haven't been past 7k RPM or 4th gear, but wow, it is quick, especially as it gets up to about 6k. I know there's a whole new world hiding past 7k RPM which I will slowly but surely discover as I learn the bike better :)

The dealer put a brand new Metzler M1 on the back, and a Pilot Power on the front. They still have the nubbies on them. It also has a carbon fiber single can two brothers slip on.

Anyway, I'm kind of broke after getting her, but on my short list are Champs frame sliders, and maybe an HID upgrade and solo cowl. I'm leaving the performance alone on this baby... there's plenty there for me as it is.

Here's a few pics, first of my old bike, then a few of the new!

From this:

To this!

Looking forward to spending a lot of time here! Though I do wish they would split the forums up into gen 1, 2, and 3. I spend a lot of time wading through all the 08 threads ;)

Bchandler

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also, my brakes squeal a bit under light braking coming to stop. Is this just because it was sitting outside of the dealership for a few weeks? How do I make it stop?

Also, it has about 7000 miles. Any maintenance suggested or coming up? Besides an oil change?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Also, my brakes squeal a bit under light braking coming to stop. Is this just because it was sitting outside of the dealership for a few weeks? How do I make it stop?

Also, it has about 7000 miles. Any maintenance suggested or coming up? Besides an oil change?

:welcome::welcome:
First thing I would do is get rid of that M1 on back and get a Pilot Power to match the front riding mismatched brands can cause handling problems.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:welcome::welcome:
First thing I would do is get rid of that M1 on back and get a Pilot Power to match the front riding mismatched brands can cause handling problems.
Really? I think I will go to PP for my next tire (you get about 2 rears to one front on non aggressive street riding, right?). I just cannot see trashing a brand new tire. I'm not tracking it or even riding hard just yet.

Also, is there a link or somewhere to go in central Florida to get the suspension set up? The bike didn't come with an owners manual.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:welcome: Looks Sweeeeeeet:thumbsup:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

·
Registered
835 Posts
:welcome:Welcome!:welcome: