Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just picked up a new in the box 4mm marine crank and 5 new stk rod length custom je 3mm stroker pistons, also ape hd head studs. all for $600 from my friend cooper performance. my gen 2 engine, head has just had a cnc vj and freshened up.it wrapped up/assembled ready to drop on. my first stroker ten, but not my first from scratch stroker build. head off, one bolt holding engine in frame, so strip engine/boring/plating soon in december.i will be doing build, have tuner.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was going 3mm anyway, pistons alone gas ported were $545 with my discount, so yeah heck of a deal.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Awesome, look forward to see how the build goes and be fun to see some videos or some numbers when it's all done!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I like these builds, your shooting for 215 but dynos being dynos wheres the back at now, presuming your using the same dyno before and after.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like these builds, your shooting for 215 but dynos being dynos wheres the back at now, presuming your using the same dyno before and after.
my base is 193/87 ft lb torque with stk pistons, race int., stk ex. cam. using same dyno/tuner different fuel.deciding on cam selection now. head fitted with stk 30mm int,, larger int being considered also.think the hp will be there, really more concerned with torque band.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Dyno, shmyno.... that thing is going to be an absolute monster from about 7K to 12K, I'd put money on it right now. :) Better start shopping for smaller rear sprockets now. ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true that. been screaming this stk piston combo with 15/42 in the 1/4. rev limit at 14k, reason looking for big torque to keep rpm's down to liveable level. starting with 17/43.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as u know well spaz, it's all about components working well together so expect some sorting out on this build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts