Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally broke the 6.1 range! I knew it could do it easily it was just a matter of me getting it there.

Stock bike, stock Exhaust, Only mod is a 15t.
Backed it up with the second slip.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
sp500 said:
dont they do 1/4 at that track
Nope, we have quite a few 1/8th mile tracks around here. The 1/4 mile tracks are a ways away or closed for the season.

Awesome times on a stock bike with only a 15t. Just imagine what she would do stretched with a slip-on.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sp500 said:
im slow and incompetent
haha, trust me I have much respect for the people who can go full throttle right of the line with these things. I finally got the Nerve to try it and I have been racing this thing for a few months now.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Come on put that 5.99. on the board.Garszx10r Did you have a 16t on there before?If so what was your mph thru the 1/8th with the 16t?I just put the 16t on my bike and it feels like a totally different bike.I can put train lengths on my buddies gixxer know.He hates to race me know.Who ever hasn't put the 16t on this bike is missing out on some fun.I might have to try a 15t the sprockets or pretty easy to change.I am scared I might lose to much top end for the 1/4 with the 15t.Has anybody run the two sprockets thru the 1/8th and 1/4 back to back?Just curious how many mph you would gain.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
i dont think i have have gased it in 1st gear yet

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
why would i do such a thing?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sabersaw30 said:
Come on put that 5.99. on the board.Garszx10r Did you have a 16t on there before?If so what was your mph thru the 1/8th with the 16t?I just put the 16t on my bike and it feels like a totally different bike.I can put train lengths on my buddies gixxer know.He hates to race me know.Who ever hasn't put the 16t on this bike is missing out on some fun.I might have to try a 15t the sprockets or pretty easy to change.I am scared I might lose to much top end for the 1/4 with the 15t.Has anybody run the two sprockets thru the 1/8th and 1/4 back to back?Just curious how many mph you would gain.
Man I just don't know if this thing will go a 5.99 on the stock wheelbase w/o adding some kind of weight to the front. the front end is SO damn light. It wants to come up on me quite a bit. I never had a 16T, but the fastest I ever went on the the stock 17T was a 6.47 and it was also at 118. If you think it feels strong with a 16t you should try a 15t.....holy crap thats a huge difference, well if your into doing what I do with mine.

·
Banned
856 Posts
hey dude i was just lookin at some timeslips and when my bike does high 6.1s in the eighth it eaguals out to be a high 9.5 or a low low 9.6.
just thought you might like to know

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
trikchop said:
hey dude i was just lookin at some timeslips and when my bike does high 6.1s in the eighth it eaguals out to be a high 9.5 or a low low 9.6.
just thought you might like to know
Thanks man, the best 1/4 mile I have run was a 9.68 @ 144 or 145 can't remember. That was also a 6.3? 1/8 mile. I think I have my clutch figured out now though, finally......lol. I was thinking that 6.19 would be close to a mid to high 9.5.

·
Banned
856 Posts
yeah i came from a zx9 to a 10 so i didnt have such a hard time getting decent launched but theres a few guys around this area that switched from gixxers and there have a fuck of a time. im not talkin shit bout em though cuz i got on my buddies busa and i had a bitch of a time gettin it right. its all practice

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sabersaw30 said:
Garszx10r do you still have your exhaust valve hooked up?I tried to launch with it unhooked and it seemed to bog bad I am going to hook it back up and try it.What rpm do you usually launch at?
Yeah, I have not messed with anything on the bike. It's 100% completely stock, just lowered strapped and dropped two teeth on the front sprocket............lol. so 98% stock.haha

It's funny but I can't really tell you where I launch exactly. I have tried holding the throttle at just about everythingg but have got my best launches and the 6.19 while I was kinda revving it up in the 4-7000 range, just bumping the throttle and then going full at green. I dunno, it's weird but like I said I have tried everything and that works best for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts