Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saying what's up to all the zx-10 owners here. Joined the site a few weeks ago & tried to gather as much info as I could about the 10 before I picked mine up & I gotta say you guys are on point with your analysis regarding the way the bike handles & how it flat out hauls balls.

Been riding for quite a few years but due to kids & marriage, mortgage, etc.etc. it had been awhile since I owned a bike. 3 yrs ago picked up a 97 900rr to ease my way back to riding & modded it as much as i could, jet kit, full exhaust, gearing change, the whole 9.

Fast forward to today when I picked up the 10, my 1st impression is the 900rr is a fuggin tank compared to the 10, one of the biggest issues I had with the 9 was it's a carbed bike & the power wasn't instantaneous enough for me even with the jetting & gearing change, but GOTZDAYUM that clearly ain't a issue with the 10, I quickly found out (1) I better be headed in the direction I want to be headed & (2) a nice solid grip is mandatory. It handles very nimbly in curves & the braking is very solid. I saw on some of the posts where a few folks don't care 2 much for the mirrors, but IMO these are some sweet mirrors, I like the addition of the turn signals up front & the mirror size is fanfuckintastic. Only complaint I have @ this time is the seat sux ass, but I remember seeing on the forum a post about Tobin seats & I'm sure I'll have them customize something for me.

Oh yeah, the bike is a black 08 with 3500 miles, Akra slip on & PC III. I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

'Preciate all the input you guys have added to the forum to help out new kawi owners like myself.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome. Was out bending a few corners today & snapped a couple of pics with cam phone. Will get some better shots when I grab the digi camera

Attachments

·
Registered
620 Posts
:welcome: :eek:ccasion1

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sick, black is beautiful.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts