Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am getting ready to get mine in about a week so I have been looking for a few ways to upgrade the looks, performance, etc. I know, I know this is no ZX10 but this is my first bike to learn on then pass on to my wife after she has our baby. That is the deal, anyway! I know alot of people own a 08 250R because I am here in Olympia, Washington and they can not keep them on the show room floor. I am thinking about getting mine in black, First I thought green but I think the green will get old after a while. Anyway, here are some links I found from other sites:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Good luck and welcome.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: and thanks for the good info - my wife's 250 needs some more upgrades!

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I am getting ready to get mine in about a week so I have been looking for a few ways to upgrade the looks, performance, etc. I know, I know this is no ZX10 but this is my first bike to learn on then pass on to my wife after she has our baby. That is the deal, anyway! I know alot of people own a 08 250R because I am here in Olympia, Washington and they can not keep them on the show room floor. I am thinking about getting mine in black, First I thought green but I think the green will get old after a while. Anyway, here are some links I found from other sites:

Glad to see you are getting a bike and doing it the smart way. Although you did learn to ride on a 07 Red Ten!:welcome: Welcome to the forum. Now your going to get addicted and be here all of the time like me. Let me know when you pick it up.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:welcome::hello::thumbsup::hello::welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I picked up my 08 250R yesterday...In Red. I looked at the black but the red looked so much better in person. Anyway it is in pieces now, I have taken off the ugly azz rear fender and I am trying to figure a good way to eliminate the ignorance in the design without having to pay another 100 or so for the kit. Plus I pulled all the plastics off to see how everything goes together and to put a good coat of wax before I start riding ( a good friend once did the same thing and his bike was always looking nice and easier to get the bugs off). Next will be cleaning and re lubing the chain. BUT For now I need help, suggestions from some one who has modified thier 08 already. Thanks

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts