Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my second ZX10R.I had an '04 that I sold after a month due to a terminally ill guy wanting to have one last ride on the nastiest liter bike around.He had a limited amount of time left and all the 10's were gone.I sold him mine and have regretted having let it go every day since! I bought my '08 yesterday and haven't ridden it yet.Does the new bike live up to what I remember from '04? I remember the '04 being nasty,unruly and just "wrong" for the street,I LOVED IT FOR THAT REASON,I am just hoping the '08 is as balls to the walls and exciting to ride as the 2004! All you '08 guys let me hear it! What is your opinion of the ride and does it thrill you like a liter bike should?

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

From what I hear I don't think its power comes on quite as intense as the 04 did but it definitely has more power and handles amazing. Down low some people say it lacks a little but a 16t will take care of that and some remove the secondaries which helps too. You wont be disappointed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the greetings! I plan on doing the full Akra pipe and having the race ECU or a PC with a map made by Dan Kyle.He made a map for my GSXR K4 and it pulls like a train from low down all the way up.So a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket and removing the secondaries,huh? How big a deal is the secondary mod? Can't wait to ride this thing but I have to work until Friday.Hope to squeeze in a ride tomorrow afternoon! Almost bought the new CBR 1000 but couldn't get past the looks and I wanted a nasty mean spirited bike,not a smooth and refined bike that felt slow while going fast. There is just something to be said for that rush of violent power and a bike should make you pay attention and feel alive when riding it! Just my opinion and I don't mean to offend anyone if they own a Honda.I had an '05 CBR 1K and it was no where near exciting to ride....just BORING and numb feeling at a hot pace!

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
:welcome::welcome::hello:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I just put a 16t front sprocket on mine, it really does pull like a freight train. It winds up so much faster that you don't notice that it's a little down on power at the bottom campared to the '04.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I just put a 16t front sprocket on mine, it really does pull like a freight train. It winds up so much faster that you don't notice that it's a little down on power at the bottom campared to the '04.
Andy did you use the factory z1000 16t or did you go aftermarket? Are speedohealers available yet for the 08?

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome::hello::welcome:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts