Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

New '06 10R newbie

2K views 27 replies 22 participants last post by  plombar@us.ibm.com 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my first sportbike. All my M-X bikes have been Honda's and Suzuki's.

This is my first "green" critter. The previuos owner is/was on this forum.
I am looking foward to learning about the bike and what tips and techniques I can.

Here she is.

See less See more
#3 ·
Beautiful bike. likin the CF on it. First sportbike huh? be careful...that things got alotta power. But im sure you've already witnessed that!

#5 ·
Welcome. You will love that bike.

#10 · (Edited)
Thank you for the welcomes everyone. Yesterday afternoon I got to take her out on the maiden voyage. I am very impressed. I have NEVER been a Kawasaki fan. Any model M-X, Sport, cruiser or tour. I am diggin' the ZX though. 40 mile round trip (about 55 degrees here in the Texas panhandle) to get the feel of the bike. I love the scream of the Two Brothers pipe!!!!

Coming from a CRF450R supermoto to this is completely different world. Rolled on first gear wheelie and chased it through third short shifting, set it down at 90MPH and front end did not bobble in the least, very stable. Found a nice long straight with no traffic. 140 in 5th @ around 10K rpm's and it seemmed to beg for more. I figured I would not push my "squid" luck any further until I can get on a track.

Again thanks for the welcomes, Yeah I dig all the carbon on it also.

It is nearly time for some new rubber. Tyester, the former owner used as a track bike alot. From the profile of the rear tire and lack of chicken strips he obviously knew what he was doing.

Glad to be at the site. I am looking foward to next spring and some road trips all over Texas.

Thanks again for the welcomes.

Mike - Hawk Baron

#27 ·
I miss having a ZX-10; just picked up a wrecked '04 today; I'm from Texas too around the Dallas area but moved out to SoCal; had an '06 as well, black. First gear though its twitchy, should hit about 105 w/o shifting. Wheelies on it were really stable; though it felt kinda heavy.

#14 ·
lovley bike man and i think u will get used to it v quick if ur from motox background ive got a cr 500 and its as mental as my zx10 lil story bout guys on sportsbikes who think crossers are little bikes , i rebuilt a yz450f for a mate
(he busted 4th gear) and a mate of mine whos got a 08 r1 asked for a spin , i said ok but b caerful it will bite and all he did was laugh well guess who was laughin a few seconds later , he was on his ass and dazed he couldnt brlieve the power of it so all i got to say is good on you for buying a real sportsbike and have fun

#16 ·
Fortunately I recieved this in a straight up trade deal for my CRF450R. I could not pass this deal up.

This is what i traded for the ZX10R

I enjoyed passing sportbikes on my little "dirtbikes" and them scratching their heads in a WTF manner. I will have another SUMO this spring for fun hooliganisms.

#24 ·
I think it was a great trade. The previous owner now has the Supermoto he wanted for his track days, I got the ZX for these long ass straight west texas roads. Hope to make a lot of road trips around texas this upcoming year & possibly meeting and riding with some of ya'll.

Mike

#26 ·
I saw your post over on supermotojunkie.com Glad you enjoy it so much. I miss the SUMO and I am looking foward to the next one this spring. I am diggin' the ZX. The "old lady" and myself did about 60 miles a few days ago. 45 degrees, bundled up. She is a very trusting soul as the front tire lofts.

My nuts and the tank are gonna have to agree to disagree concerning wheelies and a passenger.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.