Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to take off the rear wheel. I have never done it so for you guys that have done it a million times and its so easy just tell me how to do it so I know and can tell the next guy how to lol...

Anyways some shit if fucked up loose and bouncing around back there so I need to take off the rear wheel...

Thanks

yes did a search on "wheel removal" but it came up with guys talking about the front...Guess that means I am the only one who has never done the rear lol

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Yep you are the only one to have done the rear!! LOL Actually it is very straight forward just pay attention to the spacers and make sure you torque everything back to the right torques.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I said never done it lol... was looking more for tips and what not...I dont want to start turning bolts for no reason and taking shit off I dont need to...

·
Banned
363 Posts
Very easy, only 3 obvious bolts, 2 tension bolts shoud be loosened to give room to remove the chain, then the 1 axle bolt with the safety pin and basically pull the aluminum axle out while holding the wheel some how and watch how the spacers are set in the hub. What are you trying to do anyway?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to take it off cause something is seriously fucked up in my rear wheel...

There is something in the ummm hub or wheel or whatever and is bouncing around back there. I say that cause only at slow speeds is there a clucking sound like something is in there banging around as the wheel is turning. Obviously as speed goes up cent. force keeps it in one spot and it doesnt bang around. So basically I need to take the wheel off and see wtf is going on...

·
Registered
477 Posts
so once you get the wheel off, and find the problem then what? LOL another post on how to put it on again and how to fix the problem? If you can't take a rear wheel off yourself, I'd suggest for your own good, take it to someone that does know and get them to do it. It may end up saving you alot of money. Have fun

·
Banned
363 Posts
there's a slot in the rear hub, maybe a pebble or something got in there some how and now it's bouncing around. Can't really get a grasp on what you're hearing. At speed centrifical force would hold something in place. pop the wheel off and shake it around a bit.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Birdman said:
so once you get the wheel off, and find the problem then what? LOL another post on how to put it on again and how to fix the problem? If you can't take a rear wheel off yourself, I'd suggest for your own good, take it to someone that does know and get them to do it. It may end up saving you alot of money. Have fun
as much as Birdman knows I like to disagree with him at times this is not 1...take it to the dealer and find out what is happening...nothing to mess around with f'sho. :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i will say if you don't have a torque wrench go get one, i stepped up and got one from sears that is very easy to set, just turn the dial to the desired fl lbs, vs sliding the handle up a scale. about $100.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dude...Take it back to the shop.. I'd hate to hear that you scuffed up you nice new BST's taking the wheel off..or putting it back on. It isnt very hard to take off or put on. But if you arent careful you will mar the hell out of your wheel with the rear brake caliper.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah that would suck lol...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts