Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went and did it.

Track day, wonderful weather, everything was going great…
Coming out of a left high speed corner. Slower rider goes way wide. I slip inside. Nail the throttle. Textbook pass. He decides that he is in the wrong line and cuts to the left all of a sudden. Smack! Right into my handlebar. I lose that one. Next thing I know I’m the ground racing my own bike down the straightaway. My own bike wins that one. I loose twice in one section, I wonder if that’s a record?

One week in the hospital (3 days in a trauma unit). 5 broken ribs, punctured & collapsed lung, broken collar bone, broken Scapula.

I have no “post” pictures yet. Still screwed up pretty good. Bike looks great considering what happened. Champs no-cut sliders worked like a charm. I only lost a tad of plastic and of course the case cover. My only wish is that I had the champs mounted to me instead of the bike. Thanks Champ91 !!!

This is the same day about ½ hour prior to the boom.

Attachments

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Fenris said:
I went and did it.

Coming out of a left high speed corner. Slower rider goes way wide. I slip inside. Nail the throttle. Textbook pass. He decides that he is in the wrong line and cuts to the left all of a sudden. Smack! Right into my handlebar. I lose that one. Next thing I know I’m the ground racing my own bike down the straightaway. My own bike wins that one. I loose twice in one section, I wonder if that’s a record?

One week in the hospital (3 days in a trauma unit). 5 broken ribs, punctured & collapsed lung, broken collar bone, broken Scapula.

I have no “post” pictures yet. Still screwed up pretty good. Bike looks great considering what happened. Champs no-cut sliders worked like a charm. I only lost a tad of plastic and of course the case cover. My only wish is that I had the champs mounted to me instead of the bike. Thanks Champ91 !!!

What?? Fenris man, You ok? This is not good news at all? You feeling ok now? Let us know if we can help any way:sad:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Fenris!!!!! :eyecrazy:

Im glad that youre ok...I mean...youre hurtin...but still around to talk about it!

Sorry to hear about the off...but it goes with the territory! Glad youre ok! Heal up ASAP!

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
That sucks Fen. Heal up quick

·
Registered
407 Posts
Fenris said:
I went and did it.

If he went wide exiting a left hander and changed direction he would have cut right- no?

A newbie's bonehead move took me out last June during a cool down lap.

Heal up brother!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey you needed some time off work anyhow right? j/k this is a commin issue at the track it can happen to any one or already has. at least your still around. but honestly did you think you were going to out drag your bike maybe if you were on a gsxr you could of atleast pulled ahead. lol

hopes for ya speedy recovery

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
What track in NV were you riding? Hope you heal up soon. Sorry to hear about someone elses mistake taking you out.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
sorry to hear bro....heal up quick....passing a newbie track rider on the inside is never a good idea and why most beginner levels here won't allow inside passing because it scares the hell out of them..they either stand the bike up or fall into you....all you can try to do is make the pass quickly and give them at least 6 feet of space....most likely you won't be riding anymore until fall so take your time relax...good luck!!

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Damn dude, must have been quite a get-off to bust you up that bad. Sucks to have your season ended so soon. Hope you get healed up quick.

pongo said:
sorry to hear bro....heal up quick....passing a newbie track rider on the inside is never a good idea and why most beginner levels here won't allow inside passing because it scares the hell out of them..they either stand the bike up or fall into you....all you can try to do is make the pass quickly and give them at least 6 feet of space....most likely you won't be riding anymore until fall so take your time relax...good luck!!
...it's a gamble whether you go inside or outside of someone. If you go outside, they might drift wide or worse, wreck and take you out as their bike slides into you. Nesba doesn't let you pass unless you are on a straight when you are a beginner.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good gosh!!! punctured lung, 5 broken ribs....WOW! It's a miracle you are able to post up after all that! I pray you get better really soon; Suck's to hear stuff like this :sad: That's why passing should never be done in corners unless everybody on the track is an expert or pro rider :headshake:

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Get well soon...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts