Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When ever I am at a light and i shift from neutram to first there is a hard knock, Is this normal or what? I noticed that some of my buddies bikes dont do this. Theirs is a smooth shift. Now when my oil is new it isnt so hard but with in a hundred miles or so its back. :dontknow: Someone give me some insight. OH YEA!!! Got down on the twisties this week. Got over far enough that my boot rubbed the ground!!!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Very normal for that Kawasaki clunk , I have had that noise from my very first GPX600R from 1988 that I purchased to get into riding all the way through the different models from the big K brand to the Gen 1 I know have , dont let it bother ya just enjoy the ride :thumbsup:

·
Registered
755 Posts
I agree with what everyone else has said.. Ive also found that if you hold your clutch in for that little bit longer before trying to engage first it will clunk softer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
874 Posts
It just all that raw horsepower trying to get out to the pavement... :lol:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Change your oil and turn the idle down a little. It won't go away but it should calm down quite a bit.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oil is castrol 10-40 synthetic with about 1000 miles on it, Idol speed dead on 1000 RPM and the chain and sprokets have the same mileage as the oil with about 1.25 inches of slack between the sprokets. I will try holding the clutch in a second or 2 longer and see if that softens the KLUNK. I do need to have a couple links taken out of the chain. the shop put a 112 link instead of a 110 RK chain. thanks for putting my mind at ease fellas

·
Registered
63 Posts
Knowing that it is normal for these bikes, I've kind of grown to like my clunk.

It just all that raw horsepower trying to get out to the pavement... :lol:
Pa-pa-pa-pa-pa-powwer!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts