Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
aight now ....... my bike only starts in neutral (regardless of clutch lever) startin to get irritated now. but if im in gear, sittin on the bike, k'stand up, clutch lever in, the dam thing wont start. help me pleeaasseee.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
BadAzzGuitarPlyr said:
you still have your stock lever, or aftermarket? cause mine wont start in gear with the pazzos

Have you tried adjusting the reach of the levers to see if it will start in gear with clutch pulled in at higher number settings on the adjusters? See the other thread I linked to above for info on that. :wink:

·
PostWhore
13,495 Posts
El Diablo said:
Have you tried adjusting the reach of the levers to see if it will start in gear with clutch pulled in at higher number settings on the adjusters? See the other thread I linked to above for info on that. :wink:

yeah, now that i think about it...it would start with the pazzos, when i had it set on 6.....but it wont now, and i think its set on 4

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If you have Pazzos levers they have to be set at 5 or 6 in order to make the clutch switch.

Your starter circuit has the kickstand sensor, gear position sensor and clutch sensor all in the same circuit. When you try to start it with the kickstand up it has to be either in neutral or the clutch pulled in to start, when the lever position is set to low it dosen't make the clutch switch and it will only start then in neutral

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
If bike won't start in gear...

It might be that the kickstand indicator switch is bad and the bike thinks that the kick stand is down.. I know the bike should start in gear when you have the clutch pulled in.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
If the kickstand switch was bad he wouldn't be able to ride it, everytime he let out on the clutch with the bike in gear it would die...
He didn't say but I got the feeling he could still ride it, just wouldn't start in gear

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1rocket69 said:
If you have Pazzos levers they have to be set at 5 or 6 in order to make the clutch switch.

I already said this on the other thread on this subject, but my Pazzos will work on settings 3,4,5 & 6. I would suspect the 3-5mm by the clutch adjustment "OEM manual freeplay adjustment" helps get those extra 2 settings. :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts