Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before the starts this isn't a actual vs match between these 2 companies but comparison of potential for the platforms we ride. Ive contacted 2WDW and i am content with what ive seen. Went to a bike function tonight and few guys were telling Guhls does good work as well with ecu flashing and a few s1000s run them. So i wanted to put a place where i can discuss the flashes from guys who have either or who has both. Even the guys who flashed their own with woolich im interested in as. To try and be a master of my own machine..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Not necessarily true. It just depends on what you're looking for in the reflash.

Guhl is proven to work. There's no question about that. He does some things like lowering the fan turn on point, and the kleen air valve FI delete. He also has a basic fueling map he can add in. For $375, it's up to you to figure out if those are advantages over the others.

We have 2 forum sponsors that do this. ZX10RArcher and zx-sik-r both can reflash the ECU to derestrict them and can add a basic fuel map as well. They both use the Woolich flash hardware, which doesn't have some of the capabilities that Guhl does. The advantage here is both of them are SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than the Guhl option at this point. Both come highly recommended and you should do some research between the different prices and options they offer. But it will depend on what you're looking for from the reflash.
Cost is the big one.

Also Guhl can remove the FI light if you ever decide to remove your Pair Valve. Woolich flashers can't. In response to that, I came up with a plug and play plug that will remove the FI light for the pair valve that I include with my flash for free.

Other than that we all change the same things and can add or change the same features (fuel cut, remove top speed limiter, adjust redline, etc, etc).
Guhl can go above and beyond what we can,BUT it all depends on what you want in a flash and your purpose for the bike.the major downfall to Guhl flashes is that he locks your ECU meaning your married to him for future ECU needs.had a long talk with a friend today,he has a Guhl ECU and was unaware that Don locks the ECU,he tried to have his bike tuned with a local tuner using the log box pro and was furious when he discovered he couldn't tune through the ECU.

IMO,the woolich software will please the everyday street rider.the more advanced options Guhl is doing are more racer driven
Best responses I've read.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definitely alot to take in. Honeslty i want a bike with power at almost every rev range useable power not just peak typical flash removals lower fan temp. But with the fueling maps is guhls the best option? Im not feeling the whole lock because i on learning woolich and doing it myself. So guhl is out.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nels has flashed my ECU and has helped me out with ANY questions for the last 3 years, very quick turn around and a pleasure to speak with.. My Gen 5 which 2WDW flashed makes 191.46 HP on the dyno with 82.40 max torque, very NICE line with great AFR...Give him a call and discus what you want out of the bike....

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nels has flashed my ECU and has helped me out with ANY questions for the last 3 years, very quick turn around and a pleasure to speak with.. My Gen 5 which 2WDW flashed makes 191.46 HP on the dyno with 82.40 max torque, very NICE line with great AFR...Give him a call and discus what you want out of the bike....
Pulled the trigger and ordered the kit from archer few mins. Ago

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sweet. Now you can tune the bike yourself!
Yeah excited to get it paid for overnight shipping so evsrything gets here tomorrow going to remove the ais install my block off plates and exhaust then flash and tweak the QS some

1 - 7 of 7 Posts