Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Maybe anyone have some kind of Xray picture of 06 ZX10R fork(s) ? I would like to see how internals position inside fork, at rest and at travel.....I had some accident, bike went down on left side, and my left handlebar got bent a little, and it also bent front fork very very little....maybe some mm's in...but still would like to know if it can make problems for front suspension in work or not.

Thanks in advance,

YZF

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i already checked this out but it is expanded and can't really see what is inside that place where handlebar wraps fork (thats where handlebar ring pushed fork when hitting ground with handlebar)....

Such damages should be common because when bike goes down on the side, handlebar tries to bend the fork aswell.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Try some duct tape? :dontknow:

Sucks that you crashed man. Hope you get her fixed soon!

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah well, the damage was very minimal, mainly fairings and lever and some small things....new parts already ordered. Just looking for some more damage, but seems no problems for engine/frame/suspension/forks/wheels so i got quite lucky :)

Don't even need duct tape or whatever, the bend is barely visible , but I am always very cautious...probably too much :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
So is the outer tube bent or has a dent? and where is the bend/dent located? do you have pics of where it is?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts