Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had no luck finding a turbo kit for sale on here so im just gonna order a velocity stage one kit , here are my questions , who has the best price , and anyone had any experiance with these kits that can pass on advice , you know the things they dont tell you and you find out the hard way lol thanks

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I would be careful, unless you plan never to go over 7psi, consider another kit. Velocity was never known for top quality, and since RPM took over, I haven't heard anything better. Their internal wastegate systems are budget at best. I'd try RCC in Canada or Muzzys before you take the plunge.

I should say: I've never owned a Velocity kit, and don't know for sure that the new owners haven't taken care of past issues with header durability, and customer service.

Last thing - if you can find a reputable turbo fabricator locally, you may be better off having a system custom made.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well apparently muzzy doesnt make a turbo kit for a 10 anymore , so i called rpm the owner guarentees the kit personally , i told him my concerns of fitment issues which is what i have been seeing , but i dont have 10 grand to dump into a kit right now , so i got a stage one kit ill run 6psi , and upgrade the clutch springs and a tune for now , and plan on building the motor over the winter , but how friggin cool is this gonna be !!!!! a turbo zx10r omg im so pumped and cant wait to throttle check it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts