Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had my bike serviced and I mentioend that there was vibration coming from the front of teh bike under braking. The dealer has said that the discs are warped. now I trust the dealer so I am fine that they do need replacing, however I dont want to pay £540 to replace them.

I am quite comfortable replacing pads, taking front wheel off, brake lines etc.

How easy is it to replace the front discs - are there any tips on this. Also my front paddock stand is not great and the bike nearly fell off it last time - can I put a trolley jack underneath the bike somewhere

Recommendations for discs?

Cheers

Kwack

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
first off you mean rotors? And truthfully very easy!!! If you already know how to bleed your brakes and take everything of ect, which you should if you have changed your own brake pads before it should be about a 30min thing for the front and 30min for the back, give or take a couple mins. But I have changed all three rotors, brake pads, and put new brake fluid in, in under an hour so!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
My old ones had Gobs of red loc-tite on them so when you do take them off be sure and get a Good allen wrench that fits perfect and goes all the way into the screw. If you don't you will strip the insides and never get them off. I had to use a big arse breaker bar as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers have done - thats knackered as well and that costs a bomb to replace. Currently looking for an independant to do

Kwack

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Green locktite is what is (usually?) holding the old ones on, a little heat can help. I haven't taken them off the 10r but I remember green loctite on the ones that I have doen.

It's an easy job, use new bolts when replacing your rotors.

As for using a jack- yes you can. A 5lb weight happened to fit mine like a charm to make a "pad" to spread the weight across the header. Wood can work too.
Bike had to spend a couple of days like this, remember not to leave your calipers hanging while you work.
These are hanging on safety wire.

·
Registered
303 Posts
i have a set of front rotors with about 500 miles on them you can have them for 125.00 + shipping the look brand new no damage what so ever

1 - 9 of 9 Posts