Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
being somewhat computer illiterate, is there a decent how-to that describes/shows the procedure- hookup, downloading map, etc?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
This link is to the maps for a 2005 ZX10R. I have no idea what year bike you have, so I just went with what I have. You can change the year on the top of the page though. Hit download all or pick the one you want to download.
http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander_ex/powercommander_maps_installs_product_buy_options.aspx?mdlyrid=212-411EX&make=27&model=281&make-n=Kawasaki&model-n=ZX-10R&year=2005&mk=27&mdl=281&yr=2005
Once you have the map downloaded, you open the PC program. To open a map, click OPEN MAP FILE and select the map from wherever you saved it. Go to your bike and either turn the bike on, or connect the 9V adapter to the powercommander to power it. You need power to the PC to connect to your laptop. Take the cable you have for the PC and push it into the top of it, it needs to click into position which make take a decent amount of force. Take the USB end of the cable and connect it to your laptop. The bike and laptop will sync, giving you information about Duty Cycle and RPM of the bike. At that point, you click SEND MAP. It will send whatever map you have open at the time and replace whatever map is already on the PC. It will give you a message saying MAP SENT SUCCESSFULLY. If doesnt give you that message, something went wrong, so you need to send the map again. If it still doesnt work, check to make sure the cable is connected to your PC and your laptop properly and firmly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts